→ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙫𝙚

---------------------------------------------

"NOT TO BE A WIMP BUT CAN I SIT IN THE CAR FOR THIS VISIT 'CAUSE THIS IS GONNA TOTALLY AND ROYALLY SUCK." ROBIN LET OUT, HER AND NANCY IN THE FRONT OF THE CAR AS THE REST OF THE GROUP PILED BEHIND THEM. "It'll be fine." Nancy assured mindlessly, Robin shrugging. "I just can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie again. Also, Sebastian is just so mopey now it's so awkward-" "At least they can both drink themselves into feeling better." Steve held up the six pack Eddie had asked for, Dustin scoffing through his mouthful of food. "Seb doesn't drink." He spoke, Steve surrendering. "That's what mom does." Max hummed, Lucas glancing to her. "Why don't we just give it a trial?" Robin ignored everyone, stressed.

"Oh, hey Eddie. Hello Sebastian, great to reunite. Uh, good news first this time. We got you both some Dustin-approved junk food and that six pack you wanted. Along with those Nilla Wafer thingies." Robin began, Nancy staying silent. "Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. Bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension that we told you about and the gate's closed, so we have no way of getting to him. So, Sebastian, sorry but you have to strain yourself even more than you have the past year to either open a gate which may or may not seriously injure you or you're going to be hunted for the rest of your life. Basically, you're both screwed." Everyone in the car fell silent as Robin ranted. "Oh, no no. You were already screwed but now you're like doubly, triply screwed-"

"Wait. Maybe we don't put it like that." Lucas finally interrupted, Nancy shrugging. "We're one step closer to finding Vecna. That's what we say. That's what's important." The Wheeler summed up, Steve shrugging towards his pringle. "See, Robin? Positive spin can make all the difference." Steve hummed, Robin glaring at him through the mirror. "Uh-huh. What do we tell Sebastian?" She started, Dustin looking to Steve. Nancy fell silent, staring ahead. "We tell him to focus on his brain-" "Oh shit." Nancy spoke, everyone looking down the road to see it full of people and police cars. They were found. Dustin got out of the car first, everyone following. Lucas was concerned, he hadn't even seen Seb and he wouldn't get to again because he was too late.

"Nothing to see here. Just step back a little." Powell ordered calmly, the crowd clamouring as he did so. "This way." Nancy ordered, the group following her behind a reporter van. "As you know, the Roane County line received a call a little after midnight reporting a homicide here on the lake." The group found a better view, glancing to one another at the news. Was it Eddie? Was it Sebastian? "Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene." Powell informed, Callahan stepping forward to the camera. "We made our way to the shore of Lover's Lake, about ten yards from that house you see behind me." He spoke, Powell sighing. "It was there that we found the victim, an eighteen year old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick McKinney." Lucas' face dropped at the name.