The Bathroom Stall|Note Twenty-Five

Note Twenty-Five

Dear Bathroom Stall,

Well, you seem to be pretty popular right now, aren't you? So, I don't think you know me, person who writes on the bathroom door, but my name's Evelyn. Evelyn Charleston. Everyone knows me as that girl, you know? The girl that everyone likes, the girl who has the blond hair and blue eyes, the girl who's destined to be cheerleading captain senior year after Cassady Andrews leaves. But, despite everyone praising my beauty and girls trying to copy my fashion sense, which I didn't realize I had, the one guy that I want to notice me, Brant, won't.

He's a distant friend, and we talk often, but for me, he means more to me that just as a friend, you know? I don't know if he feels the same way, though I think one of his jerk friends Kai may have told him how I feel. The past few days, we've grown closer and can hang out together by ourselves. It's not uncomfortable: the opposite actually, but I really wish I could find out if he likes me back. What do I do?

<3
Eve

Dear Eve,

There's a saying, you've probably heard it, that I think applies to you. It's better to have one bird in hand than two in the nest. Honestly, if your friendship is that great now, and you don't want to lose what you have with him now, don't ask him about his feelings or proclaim your undying love for him. If he doesn't like you back, your friendship that you value could be shattered, and you won't ever talk to him in the same way you are now. I know it's kind of a cowardice thing to do, but at the same time, it's better to have him as a friend than as a stranger, right?

~S.