Staying Up Late (Alphonse x Tired!Reader)

Alphonse looked down at you, somewhat worried about your current state. You had gotten up early that day, and you had declared you were staying up with him for as long as you could. The current time was about one in the morning, and Edward, Winry, and Aunt Pinako had all already gone to bed.
You were indeed pretty tired, but you really did want to stay up and keep Al company. You had a sinking feeling that you would regret it later, after he saw how strangely you acted when you were sleep-deprived. Your sleep-deprived mood ranged from 'so done with this crap' to 'everything is hilarious for no reason whatsoever.'
"(Y/n), I think you should go to sleep. You're acting weird, and it's kinda scaring me," Al pleaded.
"Shhhhhhhh," you placed your hand on his face, covering where his mouth would be. "Just let the stupid flow."
"Are you sure you're okay?"
"I'm not okay. I'm hungry," you slid across the floor into the kitchen, and then into the pantry. You reached up and tried to grab the bag of bagels, but your short arms couldn't reach, even when you stood on your tiptoes.
"Alphonse help! My dinosaur arms are making me starve!"
Alphonse sighed, before he clanked his way into the pantry and easily reached up and grabbed the desired food.
Seeing that the food closet wasn't the largest, you and Al were unusually close together in the small space. Had you been in a normal state of mind, you would have been blushing. But you were being random, so you simply looked at him by craning your neck to look very far upward, in other words behind you.
"Thank you Alphalfa!"
You had never called Alphonse Alphalfa before, but he decided he would play along with your random state rather than attempt to reason with you.
"You're welcome, (Nickname)."
You turned and gently shoved Al back out of the pantry so you could exit. You ravenously tore the bag of bagels open so you could satisfy your hunger. You hurriedly pulled out one of the precious circles of carbohydrates and shoved it into your mouth.
All the while, Alphonse watched as you ate like a wild animal. He was trying his best not to laugh, but a small giggle escaped. You darted your eyes towards him, and he tensed up. You looked from him, down to another bagel in your hand, and back to him. Your eyes narrowed, you started moving closer to him.
Al backed up, thinking that you were mad for him laughing at your state. You stalked towards him, glaring upward at him. Eyes still narrowed and staring into his eyes, you slowly moved the bagel towards his face.
"Um, (Y-Y/n)?"
You placed the food snuggly on Al's little helmet horn and stepped back, face returning to a silly, unserious expression.
"You're king of the bagels!" You said, rather loudly.
"(Y/n), shh. People are sleeping," Alphonse pleaded.
"All glory to the bagel lord!"
"(Y/n), please."
You looked at him for a few seconds, face blank, before you randomly erupted into laughter. You ended up literally rolling on the floor laughing. Al stood above you, unsure what to do.
"Why are you laughing?"
"I-" another fit of giggles overtook you. "I have no idea!"
It took several minutes for Alphonse to get you to calm down. You really needed some sleep, but you were being stubborn, refusing to go to bed.
You were now dragging your feet around on the carpet, thinking of what to do. You reached over and touched a metal tool on Winry's work table.
Zap!
"Ow!" You cried.
Al looked over at you curiously.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing, just got shocked," you said, holding your hand. You looked down at your hand, and then at the metal tool that shocked you. Your eyes wandered down to the carpet, before making their way to Alphonse.
A thought popped into your head.
Sometimes, the best (stupidest) ideas happen when you're sleep deprived.
You started rubbing you feet on the carpet as much as you could, moving around in circles. Your socks had already shocked you once, and you hoped they would do so again.
Al looked at you, confused.
"Are you, trying to get shocked?"
You continued rubbing your feet on the carpet, remaining silent, then paused and put your hand above your head. Your hairs started to float upward towards it. You had built up enough static for what you had planned.
"Al, come over here."
Alphonse sighed, but did as you asked anyways.
"What is it (Y/n)?"
"I need you to bend down so you're at eye level to me."
Al rolled his eyes slightly, bending down so that your eyes were level.
"Now what?"
"Now, this!" You quickly moved forward so that your lips touched where Al's would be if he had some. Alphonse knew his face would be tinted pink now. The girl he had loved for a long time had just kissed him. But before it could last...
Zap!
You moved back immediately and put your hand to your mouth, electric shock having moved through it.
"Ow, that hurt more than I thought it would," you whimpered.
Alphonse remained frozen, unsure what to do. Had you simply done it as a joke, or had you wanted to kiss him before you had gone into your random state?
"(Y-Y/n)? D-did you just, k-kiss me?"
You turned around to look at him, face returning to a smile.
"Well yeah, that's what you're supposed to do to the person you love?"
"L-love?"
"Yeah, love," you smiled a closed eyed smile. Your expression slowly changed to one of horror as you realized what you had just said, and what you had just done. "OH MY GOSH I'M SO SORRY AL I SHOULD HAVE ASKED YOU BEFORE I DID THAT I DIDN'T MEAN TO SURPRISE YOU LIKE THAT!"
"(Y/n), it's okay. I-I love you too," Alphonse said quietly.
"You, what?" You asked, wanting to make sure your ears weren't deceiving you.
"I love you too."
You both stared at each other for a few moments, before you started giggling a little.
"W-what is it?" Al asked.
"I guess you could say we have," you pretended to put on a pair of sunglasses. "That spark. YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAH!" You screamed the 'yeah' like they did in some cop show. You broke down into laughter as you finished up the cry.
Alphonse started laughing along with you, too.
Suddenly, both of you heard stomping coming down the stairs, and you both turned to see a very pissed off Winry with bed hair. She was holding her wrench threateningly.
"IT IS TWO IN THE FREAKING MORNING! IT IS TOO EARLY FOR THIS CRAP, GO THE FRICK TO BED ALREADY!"
"AHHH!" You and Alphonse both cried. You literally jumped into Al's arms, and he ran back to your room with you.
When you got there, he quickly shut the door and set you down.
"I forgot how much Winry needs her beauty sleep. Guess she's not a night owl like us huh?" You told him.
"Yeah, she's scary when she's tired. Then again, instead of scary, you act really weird," Al chuckled.
"You know that's right," you said, flopping down sideways on your bed. You rolled so that you were face-down on the pillow.
"I think you should try to get some sleep."
"What!?" You shot up on your arms, posing like a graceful seal, before flopping down again.
"You're starting to get a bit out of control," Alphonse chuckled again.
You looked over to him to see he was sitting down on the floor next to your bed. You sat up and scooted over, patting your bed for him to come lay on it with you. Al looked at you nervously.
"Y-you want me to lay on your bed with you? While you sleep?"
"Why not? It's hot outside, and you're cold. And I know you won't try anything while I'm sleeping."
Al's helmet tinted pink, but he moved up onto the bed anyway. You carefully adjusted so that both of you were comfortable. You were curled up against Al's chest plate, and you could feel the heat rising to your cheeks, but you shut you eyes and smiled all the same.
"Is that enough room for you (Y/n)? I don't want to be a bother."
"It's fine, Al," you said, snuggling up to him further. A cold arm wrapped around you slightly, giving you chills, but you didn't mind. "Goodnight, I love you Alphonse."
You felt yourself falling asleep almost immediately.
"Goodnight (Y/n). I love you too."

(A/N- I had so much fun with this one. When I'm tired, I have two phases. Laugh at everything and be really loopy, or laugh at nothing and not care about anything. Guess which one you are!
And the whole 'we have that spark' part? May have made that joke on the spot when my mom and dad got shocked trying to kiss. It was amazing.
Also, I drew Alphonse with a bowtie. He is too fab for everybody!)