"Reika, could you clarify some things?"

'Inari, why did you have to be so rude to your neighbours, not saying a word while your poor old mother has to invite them to dinner.' Her mother is almost acting like a teenager, looking away and not wanting to talk about why she acted the way she did. 'You have no idea about our relationship with the men living next-door. I wasn't being rude, since there are certain reasons for my behaviour just now.' Reika's grandmother seems confused. 'What could've possibly happened in that short amount of time that caused you to talk casually and smile while talking, but not wanting to have dinner with them. Reika, could you clarify some things?'

She was not paying attention to the conversation between the two adults, looking at the wall while thinking about what the next day would be like. 'What?' The woman sighs. 'Your mother has trouble telling me why I shouldn't have invited the nice, good-looking men to a restaurant. Do you happen to know more about it?' Her mother is shaking her head heavily, commanding not to say anything to her grandmother. 'It's nothing, really. Mother is just worried about Amaya. He's the younger brother. I have seen him fight people, and it didn't take a lot to win.' Both the women's eyes go big. 'And he started the fight?' Her mother is still silent, surprised by the confession. 'Well yes and no. Yes, he threw the first punch, and no, it wasn't his fault because those guys wanted to fight.' 'Reika, can we talk for a moment?' Before being able to answer, she is already being dragged away by her mother. The two walk into the kitchen, shutting the door behind them. 'I thought we agreed to not speak about what happened with your grandmother around.' Reika is looking at her nails, unbothered by what her mother had said. 'We did. I'm just talking about Amaya, not saying anything is more suspicious.' Inari pinches the bridge of her nose while sighing. 'Just don't bring him up too often, allright?' 'I won't, mother.' Her mother nods, 'Good. Now, let's go back to your grandmother.'

'Don't tell me you're going to wear that', Amaya says while pointing at the suit in his brothers' hands. 'Why wouldn't I? It's a nice suit.' 'You have other nice suits. So there is no reason to wear his.' 'He never even wore it, so technically it's just some clothes.' Amaya walks to his brother's closet and starts looking through the hangers with clothing while taking out the suits he can find. 'What about these? There must be one you want to put on instead.' 'No, Amaya. I am the closest to a parent you have at the moment, so I will wear the suit mom made if I feel like it.' The younger brother storms angrily out of the house, running into the woods nearby. It's getting dark outside, so he looks for the bench in the park which is surrounded by lanterns.

The women can hear the door slam shut with a loud bang. Reika looks outside, and sees the boy run away. Knowing her mother has seen the same thing, she won't be able to go after him. 'Mother. Grandmother. I think I'm headed off to bed early, if that's okay with you.' 'Ofcourse, child. A good night's sleep is always important.' She walks to her room and grabs a piece of paper from her pocket,inserting the number into her phone.

'Hello, this is the girl from the restaurant the other night.'
'Hey. Honestly didn't think you were ever going to text me.'
'Why wouldn't I? You sure made an impression by giving your number while I was on a "date".'
'Wait, so that wasn't actually a date?'
'Ofcourse not. I would never voluntarily go out with someone like that.'
'Good, because he did not seem like a nice guy.'
'Why would that matter?'

He is sitting alone outside in the cold, staring at the statue next to him. After a while, a woman is walking her dog when she notices him on the bench. 'Are you allright?' He raises his shoulders, not moving his eyes from the iron sculpture. 'No idea. Why would it matter though. It's not like you or anyone else actually cares about me or my well-being.' She sits down on the other side of the bench. 'Well, I don't know you personally. But I care about other people. And you seem like you need someone to talk to.' 'I don't know if there is anything to talk about to a stranger.' He swiftly looks in her direction, only moving his eyes. She has moved a few feet in his direction, their legs almost touching eachother. Her dog has layed down on the ground, with the leash surrounding the animal. 'We don't have to talk about it. I could leave if you want me to, or we can sit in silence. Your choice.' He sighs. 'If we promise not speaking to eachother ever again after this, maybe I can talk.' 'Deal. I'm Lucy, and before you say anything, my parents were obsessed with America, hence the name.' 'Amaya.'

'It matters because you didn't seem happy.'
'That's sweet. I have a question for you.'
'Please ask.'
'Do you happen to be working tomorrow evening?'
'Yes, I do. Why do you ask?'
'Apparently I will be dining there again, not with that dude though.'
...

Someone opens Reika's bedroom door, which causes her to hide the phone under a pillow. It's her mother, closing the door behind her. 'Hello, were you already sleeping?' 'Yes I was, but I'm up now.' She sits down on the chair next to her bed. 'I didn't want to talk about this with your grandmother in the same room.' 'What did you wanna talk about?' 'All I wanted was to let you know is that I'm proud of you.' Reika sits up immediately, her mother only says those words when she has won something or when there's bad news. 'Who died?' The woman laughs akwardly. 'Nobody, silly. We just have three surprise guests who will meet us at the restaurant tomorrow.'