chapter 61

"who the hell does she think she is..."

" the leader of the clave..." alec speaks standing next to me, with his arms crossed, watching the way another body gets pushed in on a troly infront of us.

"leader of the clave or not, shes an asshole" i speak huffing turning to look towards the body infront of us.

jace comes walking toward us, he glances at the guys stood next to the table making them both turn and walk away,

i glare looking up at him making alec wrap his arm around my back, sitting is hand on my lower back.

jace ignores the solid glare, and pulls back the sheet from the body.

"its hillwater" Looks like a vampire attack. " alec speaks looking closely at the body,

 i stare at it for a moment, lookinga t the two singluar bite marks on his neck.

 a frown appears on my face as i thinkabout feeding from the neck....the way it must make you feel...the way the blood enters your mouth...the heavely feeling of it slowly rushing down your throat.

"We need a new plan."

jaces voice pulls me out fo my trace, from staring at the holes in hillwater neck. i glance up at alec making sure he didnt notice the way i got lost in my thoughts.

 lukcily he didnt.

"These are from the R and D Team in Alicante." the inquisitor comes walking over holding out a case or gps trackers making me frown looking at her confused.

" We've always been able to track Shadowhunters through their runes. Now we can track Downworlders through GPS chips."she speaks holding the box out to us to see making an instant glare appear on my face.

"What are you saying?!" i question stepping towards her angirly.

alecs hand slipps off my back as he steps forwards too.

" are you saying That we round up the Downworlders and involuntarily chip them?"he questions frowning at her, both of us completely surprised with what shes even saying right now.

"Mr. Lightwood, perhaps you and your girlfriends personal relationships are clouding your objectivity." she speaks gesturing to me making me flash my eyes at her.

"our personal relationships have nothing to do with it."alec speaks scoffing crossing his arms, 

"No, you know what? Maybe they have everything to do with it." i speak shaking my head, alec glances at me carefully seeing the way i take another step towards her." because it was a warlock who told me to always follow my gut, and that is just plain wrong." i say gritting my teeth,

its taking everything in me to not just shove her to the floor and land a punch to her face.

" No. Downworlders preying on Shadowhunters, that is what's wrong."the inquistor replies back looking down at me making me huff,.

alec wraps his hand around my arm pulling me to take a step back.

" You sound like Valentine"alec speaks scoffing glaring at her.

"Valentine wants those people dead. I'm trying to help them." she speaks seriously, her eyes flicking between me and alec.

the whole time jace just stands there with his eyes down slightly.

"Those people?"i question, rolling my eyes looking away from her. i sigh before turing to look up at jace."Jace, you can't do this....this means me too." i say looking up at him with wide eyes.

"gracie....alec, look at this. Too many Shadowhunters are dying."he speaks seriously looking between us.

"unbelievable" i mutter staring up at him before, i slip my arm out of alecs grip and storm off annoyed.