Chapter 16- What Doesn't Kill You

Chapter 16
What Doesn't Kill You

"I made a decision to choose myself after that."

"And did you?"

"..."
————
Deuce

"You fuckin' idiot!" Rico screamed as she drove my truck back to the trap.

She been going off at the mouth since we pulled on out of Kadeejah's driveway and I understand why she mad. I'm mad at my damn self.

"Do you know that?" She asked before glancing over at me. "Do you know you a fuckin' idiot?"

"Slow down," I mumbled.

Ri been drivin' wit' a lead foot for the past five miles it seem like. She get like that when she antsy, she always been like that. While she a dime a dozen, me and her still one in the same. She can't control her emotions for real just like I can't. I've been tryin for the longest but I done slipped up bad this time.

"Slow down?" She yelled. "Slow down? Maybe if you would've slowed yo roll back there you wouldn't have done that shit."

"Ri," I mumbled again as the car started to swerve over the line.

I reached for the steering wheel and jerked it over to my side just in the nick of time before we swiped the car in the lane next to us. That's when she decided to focus in for the rest of the ride and stopped yelling at me. She wasn't wrong in doing so but I'm damn sure tired of hearing all these attitudes today.

That's what sent me over the edge and made me black like that. It was like Kadeejah had been sittin' up with an attitude since she woke up. I could deal with her typical shit because I like that she feisty and don't play that, but her disrespecting Ri without knowing her and then trynna fight her outta nowhere was way out of pocket. Her little ass needed to come back down to earth because it ain't never have to go left like that.

Once we pulled up outside the trap I sighed and sat back in my seat while Ri did the same, before I could feel her staring at me.

"You ain't changed at all Deuce," she almost whispered.

That made me turn my head to get a good look at her. I could see in her eyes she looked sad for me. I know she is because to her that shit looks like the old me, that looks like everything I ever did wrong to her and for that I feel like shit. She ain't even deserve to have to relive no shit like that and I think that's really why I couldn't let Kadeejah slide with putting her hands on her.

I've traumatized Rico enough, I'm not gone let somebody else do it, and damn sure not in front of me.

"I have Ri, believe me I have," I told her honestly. "I fucked up and I know it, and I never meant to with her. I just couldn't watch nobody do you like that, not after everything."

"I'm a big girl, I can hold my own against another woman. I didn't need saving."

I nodded my head agreeing with her. "You right, and I feel terrible for doin' that to her man. I never meant to hurt little baby."

"You always say that," she sighed. "You never mean to do anything, yet something always fuckin' happens."

"I know!" I yelled.

She gone hammer this shit into me and I don't need that right now. I know I fucked up, and I fucked up bad. I like Kadeejah so much. She make me want to sit up and stare at her in her sleep, she make me want to give her everything she even look at. She young, and head strong then a muhfucka but she just right for me, I know she is.

Plus, as fucked as it is seeing her get buck with Ri like that, that let me know she about whatever. I was wondering from the jump if she'd really get down when need be, but I can tell she will and can. I like that shit, it's fucked it happened to Rico though. Wish she would've tried to walk somebody like Fatima, somebody who deserve that shit.