thirty-seven

thirty-seven, the met

the day of the met gala had finally arrived and every celebrity from all over had traveled to new york city to attend the event to showcase their chosen designers newest design.

elsie was excited to attend the event with her mother and she was excited to see who would be attending the met this year.

she always found the met interesting and loved watching the red carpet and getting to see the different designs that other designers had created.

she felt as if her entire life was a dream. she couldn't believe she got to do what she does everyday.

it felt surreal to grow up with a fashion designer as her mother.

and now she was attending the biggest event in the fashion world and she felt more than honored to be a part of it.

"are we ready?" elsie asked as she glanced towards the people behind the camera.

"yeah, go ahead when you're ready." one of them replied.

"hi vogue, this is elsie verona and today i'm getting ready for my first ever met gala and i'm trying my best not to freak out." elsie remarked before she let out a laugh.

"it's honestly crazy that i used to sit and watch met gala red carpets and now at 24 years old, i'm finally walking the red carpet. it feels surreal." elsie commented as she opened the door wide for them to come in.

"come and get ready for the met gala with me." she smiled as she led the camera into her hotel room.

"with the theme being in america: a lexicon of fashion, my mother had decided to pay tribute to one of my favorite actresses of all time, marilyn monroe." she smiled as she showed the dress hanging in the closet.

"i honestly didn't know what the theme was or what my mother was designing, i had full faith in her and she honestly fucking killed it if i'm being honest." elsie chuckled.

"i know to some it may seem unfair that i was asked to attend the met gala with my mom but to me it just makes it even more memorable because my mom was the one who designed my dress." she shrugged.

"okay, should we get started on my hair?" elsie asked as she turned to face her hairstylist.

"yeah, we can go ahead and start your hair while gigi does your nails." her hairstylist nodded before elsie sat in the chair as they started on her hair and her nails.

"ever since i first saw my dress in verona industries, i've pictured different hairstyles and different makeup looks that'll go perfectly with my dress and i think we were able to create a good look that'll compliment the dress without taking away too much attention from it." elsie explained as her hair was being done.

"ultimately, it was between putting my hair up in a bun or leaving it down and i decided to leave it down just because i couldn't envision myself with an updo." elsie shrugged as her hair was being curled.

"we decided to do one of those classic hollywood curls where one side is pinned down while the other has big bouncy curls." she explained.

"how do you think people will react to you attending the met after everything that occurred?" a voice asked from behind the camera.

"i think there will be mixed emotions like always but at this point, i'm just here to represent my mom and have a good time. i'm not letting people on the internet ruin this day for me." elsie stated honestly.

"who is someone you are most excited to see tonight?" gigi asked causing elsie to chuckle.

"in all honesty, i'm most excited to see emily blunt. i just think she's such a wonderful actress and i can't wait to see what she's wearing. i bet she'll look stunning as always." elsie smiled.