t w e n t y f o u r

"SUPRISE!" Blake and Drew screamed as they threw confetti onto a dumb-founded Aaron.

Aaron blushed modestly and toed the ground with the tip of his sneaker when Blake kissed his cheek. "Aw, thanks, guys. You didn't have to."

Blake rolled his eyes, "Sure. As if we could miss the 'Gee I sure wish somebody would throw me a birthday party' signals you've been not-so-subtly throwing around."

Drew nodded in the background, stuffing a cookie into his mouth. "You tell 'em."

Aaron just laughed and scooped up the beta, planting a kiss on his nose. "You're the best, babe."

Blake wrapped his arms around his neck, "I know I am."

Drew gagged loudly. "Excuse me, I am eating over here."

"Why bother with cookies? Blake's the sweetest thing here," Aaron said, kissing Blake on the lips and ignoring Drew's shriek of disgust.

Blake looked at him in surprise. "Damn. That was smooth."

Kai appeared just then and snatched Drew up to play a game with him, so Blake took the opportunity to drag Aaron into the arcade where they had set up the party.

Aaron grinned from ear to ear as all his friends thumped him on the back and congratulated him.

"Congratulations on your eighteenth birthday," Josh said politely, holding out a hand to shake. Aaron just scoffed and pulled him into a back breaking hug that knocked all the air out of his lungs.

"Thanks, man!" He released the winded beta who smiled weakly as he took giant breaths.

Zachary flung himself on Aaron and hugged him tightly before handing him a wrapped gift. "Happy birthday! Sorry for kissing you earlier!"

Aaron chuckled at the bouncy little flirt. "Thanks. It's okay."

Gem, the little omega from the lunch room drama, pecked him sweetly on the cheek and handed him a box of handmade chocolates. "Happy birthday."

Aaron thanked her enthusiastically and was about to say something else when Blake grabbed his hand and dragged him away. "Time for my present."

Drew caught Blake's arm and whispered something in his ear which made him turn red and smack his arm. Aaron only caught the word "cake," which didn't seem too suspicious. Oh well.

After being stopped several times by ninety percent of the entire freaking human population, it seemed, Blake stopped suddenly, Aaron almost crashing into his back. He shoved him towards a giant box tucked into the back of the room, away from the busy crowds of people.

"There you go," he said, cheeks faintly pink.

Aaron turned to him, "Wait, shouldn't I wait to open it with the rest of the presents? I only just got here."

Blake shook his head. "I'd rather you open it now. It's kind of personal."

Drew peeked around the corner, munching into a doughnut. He'd seen Blake drag Aaron off and had followed them, curious as to why Blake felt the need to hide the teddy he'd gotten him. What was personal about a teddy bear? Wait. Did he actually get the hooker cake?

Aaron shrugged and ripped the top off the box. Leaning in, he lifted the giant teddy out of the box, grinning hugely. Drew huffed softly, disappointed.

"I love it!" Aaron said delightedly. "It's so adorable! Wait, what's this?"

Tied around the neck of the teddy with a soft, silky green ribbon was a little black box with a silver clasp in the shape of a heart.