eighteen - surprise

After our shower, the evening was spent sitting on the couch, drinking my "fancy" wine, and sharing sweet nothings. The two of us talked and talked until we realized how late it was. Austin said he would go home if I wanted him to but we'd had far too much to drink, so the two of us settled in my bed, Austin in only his briefs and me in only his t-shirt.

Ever since I was a little girl, I've had trouble sleeping but I slept so soundly last night that I barely woke up when I heard the loud knocks on my door. I haven't invited anyone over, and Austin looks so peaceful sleeping next to me that I decide to just hope the uninvited guest leaves. A minute or two passes and the knocking has stopped, but then I hear the handle shake and the door creak open.

Shit.

The only people that know where I hide my spare key are Olivia and my parents. Yes, I'm almost 26 years old, but they still know how to get in if they need to.

"Isla?" I hear my dad's voice call throughout the apartment. Oh lord. My bedroom door is wide open to the apartment and I quickly pull Austin's sweatpants off the floor and onto my bare legs. Rushing out of my room, I put on a smile and close the door. "Dad! Hi. What are you doing here?" I give him a hug, trying to steer him into the kitchen, and away from my room.

"Hi, Isla bean." He kisses my messy hair and shows me what is in his hands. "I brought some wasp killer. You know, you were telling your mom and I about the wasp nest on the balcony?" The balcony outside my bedroom. Great.

"This early?" I glance toward the clock, which shows it's just a little after 11 am, not really early at all.

"It's hardly early. I'm surprised you weren't up already," he says, making his way toward my room with the wasp killer. "I'll just spray the nest and be on my way. Your mom said she had plans for later."

Is this really how I want them to meet? Good morning Austin, oh and by the way... meet my dad. Dad, this is my boyfriend, Austin, almost completely naked in my bed. Perfect. "Umm, that's okay Dad, I can spray it myself. Don't worry about it." I try to take the spray out of his hands but he continues walking down the hallway to my bedroom.

"Seriously, Isla, it's no problem I'll just-" he opens the door, stops speaking, and quickly turns back out. I cover my face with my hands as he says, "Um, I'll just give you a minute then," shocked and goes to sit on the couch with the spray.

"Yeah," I halfway-smile, hurrying into my room and closing the door behind me.

Austin's barely awake as I'm ripping off his sweatpants and throwing them at him. I put on a fresh pair of my own. "My dad is currently sitting on the couch, waiting to come into my room and spray down a wasp nest from the balcony."

His face looks puzzled, "Did he see me?" I nod. "Shit. What do you want me to do?" His words are frantic.

"We have two options, you jump off the balcony and pretend like you were never here, ultimately falling to your death, or you walk out there and greet him." I'm pulling him up from my bed, fixing his hair, and pulling his sweatpants higher up on his waist to make him look less, well... slutty.

"This is definetley not how I thought I would meet your father, but oh well." He walks out the bedroom door, immediately heading towards my dad, who turns his head to look at us with a straight smile on his face. I'm just going to stay here, watching from the corner. The shy side of Austin comes out again when I hear him say, "Hello Mr. Dempsey, um," he stutters like he always does when he's nervous, "This isn't how I'd hoped to meet you, but uh, it is very nice to meet you." He extends his hand.

My dad stands up, shakes his hand and says, "Nice to meet you oo, Austin. And please, just call me Patrick."

"Yes sir. I mean, Patrick." Austin smiles, as I begin to walk over slowly.

My dad begins, "The two of you seem," he pauses and points out the situation, "Very well acquainted. So I assume you wouldn't mind joining Ellen and I for dinner sometime?" He makes his way back toward my room with the wasp spray.

Austin and I follow him as I butt in, "Woah, Dad. That seems a little soon." But Austin cuts me off.

"No, it's fine. We'd love to join you. When were you thinking?" He's clearly trying to get on my dad's good side.

"Austin, really you don't have to."

He looks at me saying, "No, Isla, I really do want to." He's definitely trying to get on my dad's good side.

My dad can sense the tension so he continues the conversation. "Well tonight would be nice." He comes back in from the balcony after spraying the nest. "Mom and I will talk, and we'll send you details," my dad tells me, giving me a hug before leaving my apartment. I thank him quickly and as he's walking out the door he adds one more thing, this time directed at Austin.

"Maybe put a shirt on before dinner." He smiles and closes the door.

**********

my bsf found the story and she's a queen so she's helping me come up with ideas

ILY AAM <<<3333333333333333333