Chapter 38

The immense pain in my stomach was what I felt when I opened my eyes. The pain was excruciating and uncontrollable that all I could do was to let out a low moan.

Blinding lights welcomed my eyes as I opened them. I tried to move my head and look around but was stopped because of the extreme pain I'm experiencing. The place is dark and only a light bulb on the ceiling is all I see.

Where am I?

I heard laughters somewhere near me. When I looked to my left I saw some men whose playing cards. Beside them were empty bottles of liquor.

And then it hit me. Memories of what happened earlier slammed my head.

"Reil!" I shouted unconsciously but it turned out to be a muffle sound for my mouth was being covered by a scarf. When I tried to move my hands, it's then I realized that it was tied. "Where am I? The kid, what did you do to him?!"

"At last, Miss Beautiful is awake!" I heard on of the men said when he looked at me.

They all looked at me. There are five men and they all looked like goons. Tears immediately formed at the side of my eyes as fear consumed me entire being.

From what I can recall, Reil and I were outside to throw the trash on the trash bin when a black van suddenly stopped in front of us and some men dragged us inside the van. I even remember someone punched me on my stomach. My heart still beats rapidly inside my chest, realizing the situation we are in. I bowed my head down and looked at my tummy while my tied hands kept shaking behind me.

I'm no longer feeling any pain. Does that mean I'm okay? Does that mean that our b-baby is well?

My movement caused the chair to creaked. When I looked at the group of men with a blurry vision, I saw them walking towards my direction with a smirk etched on their lips.

With the way they look at me, I feel like they are about to do something horrible. I silently prayed that what I'm thinking is not going to happen but I still feel frightened with just the thought of it.

They all surrounded me, the smiles on the lips became even more devilish. I tried to look at them. I tried to recall every possible encounter I might have with anyone of them to know if I've already seen or met them somewhere but there was none. I don't know them. One of them removed the scarf from covering my mouth.

"What do you want from us?!" I scowled with a trembling voice.

"Well Miss Beautiful, you didn't do anything against our boss but your boyfriend did." They all laugh in unison as if they found something funny. "What a shame if they'll just kill you. Might as well asked our boss to give you to us instead. We'll have some fun with you."

Those words horrified me to death. I swallowed hard as I felt the lump in my throat causing me difficulty in breathing.

"Who is your boss? What did Chase do to him? How about the child, where did you bring him? You're all animals!"

"Why are you looking for my son?"

I immediately looked at where the voice came from. My eyes went wide when I saw Colleen with a tall man who looked like it has a foreign blood. Between them was Reil who's crying while looking at me. Colleen is holding his hand.

"Reil! Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" I asked worriedly.

He shook his head while sobbing. "I'm fine Aunt Tanya. Don't worry about me. How about you? I-I hope you're good."

My tears automatically fell down from my eyes when I saw how he looked at me. He looked like he wanted to help me but is being held by her mom so he cannot do anything.

"I-I'm good Reil. I'm actually relieved that you're not h-hurt."

"I'm sorry I can't do anything to help you---"

"Why would you help that woman, Azriel? She's the reason why you have a broken family right now! If it's not because of her, we will still be together---"

"I don't want you, Mommy. You're hurting me while Aunt Tanya showed me love. She treated me like her own son! If there's someone to blame why our family is broken, it's only you!"

Colleen slapped Reil hard causing him to fall on the ground.

"Colleen!" I shouted at her while struggling to break away from the tie on my hands but it's no use. "You are such a coward! You're hurting your son because you know he can't fight back---"

"Shut up!"

Colleen dragged Reil up from the ground while the poor kid keeps on sobbing.

"Stand up!" she shouted and pushed him towards the foreign guy.

The guy immediately wrapped his arms around Reil's neck like he is restraining him.

Colleen walked towards me with glaring eyes. She stopped in front of me and grabbed me by the hair. I let out a silent groan when it caused my head immense pain.

"How dare you poison Azriel's mind?" she said, her teeth were gritting hardly. She gripped my hair tighter which made me shut my eyes as I winced in pain.

"Your son is a smart kid Colleen! He doesn't need to be manipulated because he saw what kind of a person and mother you are. You're an irresponsible mother. From the very beginning, you've shown him your true color so don't be surprised if he feels ill about you, it's all your fault---"

"So you are responsible? Just because he's fond of you doesn't make you better than me? Let me just remind you I am still his mother. . . You cannot replace me!"

She pulled my hair even more tight. I couldn't do anything to restrain myself from her, I just ended up shutting my eyes tight because of the immense pain, because even if I wanted to stop her, my hands were tied too tightly.

"Please don't hurt her, Mommy. She's carrying my baby brother." It's Reil with his trembling voice.

Colleen automatically stopped from pulling my hair and looked at me with eyes full of hatred and disgust.

"You are pregnant?"

I glared at her. "Yes. So please spare my child from all these and let us go Colleen. You are also a mother so I know you know what I feel."

Just when I thought she's about to soften, the edge of her lips twitched. "The more you need to suffer, Tanya. I'll make sure you're already dead when Chase gets here and found you."

I don't know what she wants from Chase and I. I don't even know why she's mad at me when I didn't do anything against her. She should even be grateful because I took care of her son during those times she should be the one caring for him. Then it dawned to me, probably she really is an irresponsible mother who didn't have the heart to at least think about the welfare of her son. Because who in their right mind would intentionally leave their child in an unfamiliar place and not dare even look for them after. That's not something a fit and responsible mother does.

"You must be wondering why you're here with my son. Don't worry. Chase should be here any minute from now with the money we've asked him. But then, I can't guarantee that you will still see him. You might be dead by then." She laughed.

So this is a kidnap for ransom?

"Why don't you just asked Chase for money then if that's really what you're after, huh Colleen? Why are you dragging your son in all of this?"

She exhaled frustrated. "Do you think he would give me huge money just because I said it? You know how Chase is, you know he is not easy to be fooled. I'm sure if I won't resort to this he would certainly do everything in his power to take our son away from me that I would be left with nothing in the end. Do you understand now, Tanya? Or you are really a stupid bitch to even grasp what I said?"

I couldn't help but laugh at her. My voice echoed laced with sarcasm as I laughed at Colleen. I didn't know she only wanted money from the start. I can't believe that money is the root of all these evil. It's too shallow.

"What are you laughing at? Are you mocking me?!" she yelled back at me as she continuously grabbed my hair causing me to flinch and scream because of the immense pain. "Take off her ties and bring her to the drum!"

My heart hammered with what she said. They started loosening the ties from my feet while my hands are still tied. They helped me stand up with force. I glared at Colleen who is looking back at me with an evil grin on her face.

When I averted my eyes to Reil, he's still crying while looking at me being dragged by these goons. I forced a smile. I have to show him that everything will be fine. . .that we will be saved because Chase will save us.

One of the men pushed me towards the drum causing my stomach to bump on the rim of the drum. I got on my knees, the pain immediately spreading to my stomach around my hip.

Tears immediately flowed from the corner of my eyes while suffering from the extreme pain. It was too painful I can feel my body becoming numb.

"My baby. . ." I cried. "P-Please, spare my baby."

"That's still a blood. It's not even formed yet stupid bitch! No one would even think you are pregnant because it doesn't show yet. We can still have fun you know. Let us have a taste of you, huh. What do you think boss?"

I cried hard upon hearing them and the pain in my stomach doubled. I heard Colleen's faint laugh like what she's seeing is very entertaining on her part.

"Do what you like with that bitch. Drown her first so I will be entertained. Torture her, molest her, do everything you want with her for all I care! I'll just eat dinner with Meynard..."

From looking at the ground Colleen pulled my hair, it was hard causing me to look up at her. My view of her was already blurry for my tears were already blocking my eyes.

"Don't worry. I won't hurt my son. I will bring him with me and we'll all have a nice meal. I will leave you with my men so they can play with you. They will play with your body and molest you until you die. Let's see how Chase would feel about that." She said with a sinister smirk before letting go of my hair.

I followed them as they leave my sight. Reil was looking at me with pity and blurry eyes. I nodded at him.

Everything will be fine Reil. Your Daddy will save us. I trust him.

One of the men pulled me up and pushed me against the drum for the second time. Before I could even speak and beg for mercy he quickly plunged my head into the drum full of water while holding my nape.

My hair floated upward and all I could see was the darkness. I have held my breath in a pool before, this isn't like that. This is like having a gun to my head and being told not to let my heart beat.

They pulled my head up after what seems like several minutes. I took that chance to breathe. But before I could even grasp enough air in me, they immediately submerged my face in the water again. I can feel the oxygen in my body starting to die down.

If these are my last night to be alive, there is only one thing I want to ask for. That is for Chase to be better. I want him to be able to fight his battles alone even without me. And hopefully, my fate won't be a reason for him to go back to his old self.

I lost count on how many times they toyed me and tried to drown me in the water. I have prayed the Heaven to please take my life right now but it seems that it's not His plan for me.

I felt so weak to even move a finger. I tried to open my eyes and it was then I felt that they carried me until I could feel my back pressing against a bed. I felt the pain in my chest because of the of difficulty in breathing but I did not entertain it anymore because the pain I felt in my abdomen and hips was more intense.

"Enough. P-Please stop. I'm begging you please..." I tried to speak but it came like a whimper.

They surrounded me, they're all laughing like I'm a beautiful laughing stock for them. They are caressing my body everywhere and I couldn't do anything to stop them. A deep groan escaped my throat.

"Let's take turns with her! I can't wait to have my way with this beautiful woman. Her boyfriend is really lucky because her skin is really flawless and white. I can't wait to taste her!"

"Then her boyfriend should have enjoyed her already when he had his turn."

"Even if she's pregnant I think we can still enjoy her! It's still not showing after all!"

One of them dared to kiss me on the neck and all I could do was to shut my eyes tight at tears keep on rushing down the side of my cheek. My lips tightened as I felt their lips on some delicate parts of my body. They're already ripping my dress like some crazy animals and my body is starting to shiver.

With all the remaining strength I have, I mustered to scream for help. "Help! Somebody please help me!!!"

They all laughed at me. "Scream all you want Miss, no one would hear you!"

From the tilt of my head I felt a sudden relief as I saw Chase quietly enter the place, his attention is focused on me. Darkness and pain combined in his eyes as he stared at me. His jaw clenched. I sobbed harder when I saw how livid he is while looking at the men around me, looking like animals hungry for their prey.

I'm glad you came. I knew you would come for us.

He silently put the duffle bag down on the floor. He brought his finger on his lips and gestured me to stay quiet.

I was the bait so that these men would not notice Chase's presence. When he got the chance he grabbed the man kissing my neck and gave him a strong blow to the jaw. Everybody was now alerted.

They all attacked Chase but he manages to dodge and fight them all. The man hit him on the face causing his lip to have a cut but he didn't mind it. I took that chance to get up and fix myself even if it's already draining my energy.

I feel very weak.

"Call the boss!" I heard one of the men said.

I saw a piece of wood and without a word hit the man in front of me. I almost stumbled, literally losing strength.

Just as I was about to lose my balance and fall on the ground, Chase was able to catch me. There were two men already down but there are still three more who is about to attack us. The remaining men were about to attack us when suddenly Rich came from hiding holding a piece of wood. He hit the remaining men with the wood he's holding until they lost consciousness.

"Rich?" I whispered.

What is he doing here?

"Allison, are you okay?" Chase asked as he's trying to hold my weight.

I nodded as a response while he holds and caress my cheek. "Colleen, have Reil with her."

"I know. I brought the money they needed. We'll be leaving this place soon."

I was about to respond when I felt an excruciating pain in my stomach again. I caressed my stomach. Chase's gaze followed that. His eyes then dropped to my thighs, his jaws clenched.

"You're b-bleeding..." his voice slightly trembled.

Even in my weak state I tried to look at my legs and there I saw blood creeping down. Fear controlled my body.

"C-Chase..." My voice shook as my hold on his arm tightened even more.

He swallowed hard and lifted my body immediately.

"Please hold on. I'll bring you to the hospital."

The men were all lying on the ground already. Rich was catching his breath, obviously exhausted from fighting all these men. When he averted his eyes on me and saw me, he spits a curse.

"The fuck!" he said cursing.

We're already nearing the door when it suddenly opened. There came out a man who seems like the same age as my mother. Behind him was some more men, including Colleen and Meynard.

"Why leave so soon, Chase?" the old man asked.

He continued walking and passed us while smoking a cigarette. I felt Chase's body suddenly stiffen. I looked at him and saw how his jaw clenched and eyes became more dark and murderous.

"Come on, son. Why don't you give your step father a hug? It's been years." The man chuckles evilly.

I have so many question running on my mind. But I don't think I even have the strength to ask it one by one because all I want is the pain in my stomach to stop. As time passes by I can feel the pain slowly move stealthily from my stomach to my entire body. I feel like I'm about to pass out because of the severe pain.

"As much as I want to ask why you're still alive, I'm afraid I have to go now. My baby's life is at stake and if something ever happens to my family, I swear I'm gonna kill you with my bare hands..." Chase gasped as his hold on me tightened. "I brought the money you asked for Colleen."

"I'll take care of Reil, Chase."

I know it's Rich's voice.

Chase didn't reply back and started to walk away from them.

"Sure! No problem!" It's the old man again while laughing. "But let me do this first."

As soon as those words rang in my ears, a loud gunshot echoed in the whole place. Chase stopped on his tracks, he looked down on me and stared in my eyes. My insides turned jagged when I saw blood pooling at his mouth.

He knelt down, still holding me like a baby... like my safety is the only thing that matters to him. That even if he is in pain, he would still shield and protect me from everything just for me to be safe. Just for me to be well.

I felt a lump in my throat at the sight of him as he slowly put me down the floor, his blood is coming out from his mouth.

"C-Chase..." I said with my hoarse voice.

"S-Save our b-baby, Allison. P-Please."

It's then I heard several gunshots fired, screams and an ambulance siren was the last I heard before darkness consumed me and I lost consciousness.