52| Epilogue

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Epilogue

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 52: Epilogue (Jules's POV)

Ten months later...

"Are you ready?" Audrey asked, fixing up my veil one final time before taking a step back, both of us looking at me through the mirror. 

"I'm nervous," I chuckled, standing up slowly and taking the bouquet as she held it out for me. 

"That's normal but you seem so excited, it's radiating off of you," she teased, walking towards the door. "Let me call your Dad. It's about time. Good luck." She winked at me before opening the door and heading out. 

Christian and I kept saying we would wait for the wedding, that we'd take things slow, enjoy our time together before getting married, and that we'd keep it small. We even considered seriously eloping. But it took ten months for us to grow sick of calling each other fiancés, especially after we had already done that for a year in the past. 

It surprised me how much Christian took the initiative but the entire time, I was in awe and madly in love with him. 

I still am. 

We started looking at wedding venues because we couldn't decide where it would be special enough. There were a few spots but most of them weren't suitable for an entire wedding, so for a while, we put wedding preparations on hold. Then, Christian, had a business trip coming up and since he was going to Russia and I had never been, I asked if I could tag along. I'd always wanted to see the place, especially where Christian grew up and all the spots that were special to him. 

While we were there, he took me to Riviera Beach in Sochi and Christian fell in love with the place all over again. He grew up spending every summer in their family beach house and had friends all around the neighborhood that he met every summer. Friends including Logan and Rowan, both of whom I'd met multiple times. And now here we were, ready to get married at the beach with everything perfectly organized. The resort we were staying at let us rent out their banquet hall for the reception later on. 

I was up and fixing my dress one last time when there was a knock at the door moments before my Dad walked in. "Peach, are you ready?" he asked, grinning widely. 

I nodded, letting out a shaky laugh. I brushed my fingers over the dress, tracing the embroidered white corset while the embroidery ran down the see-through fabric of my sleeves that began off my shoulders, making it seem like the glitter and stitched patterns sat directly on my skin. The dress fitted me nicely till my waist beyond which the dress flowed nicely instead of puffing out but still had a bit of a flare to it. The beginning and the end of my skirt had sparkly white embroidery just like the corset and sleeves and the entire dress was perfectly coordinated. 

"Let's go then, Christian's waiting. The boy has less patience than a five-year-old," he snickered. 

I laughed, walking out with my Dad. 

A temporary wooden floor that we had planted across the sand in the private area we had, saved the dress from getting dirty and did the same for all our guests.