15. "Now he knows."

Chapter Fifteen

Elena's POV

Trisha Cunning.

So that's the name of Adonis' ex-girlfriend.

I was in bed looking at Adonis and Trisha's photos on the internet. I felt irritated looking at their super sweet photos. Adonis was so happy and in love, like an adorable prince charming looking at Trisha like she was his world. They had been to too many romantic places all over the world – Paris, Bali, Maldives, Greece, and many more. For four years, they were together, like a married couple, honeymooning.

Did they really break up? I don't think so. She's the same girl that Adonis was making out with in the bar. And that happened three months ago. If they're legitly over, why would he still hang out with her?

I searched for Trisha's Instagram, and saw many pictures of her and Adonis still in her feed. I put down my phone and stared at the ceiling. Definitely, she's still into him.

Why am I so upset? Why did the thought of Adonis still in love with Trisha really bothered me?

Jealous? No way! I utterly denied. 

Why would I? Just because I married the guy, I have a claim on him. He's not my real husband, for heaven's sake, and soon, our marriage will dissolve. Any developing feelings for him is not welcome at all.

I tossed and turned on bed, trying to get a comfortable position. I was getting so annoyed without any reason. 

When I got settled, my thoughts drifted back on Adonis. His beautiful smile and facial expressions, the way he moved his hands and acts - so masculine, he walked with confidence and talked intelligently. 

It's nice to know that we have some things in common. We love the same rock band, Coldplay and their songs. We both like Marvel movies, arcade games, chocolate cake, and Starbucks coffee. 

His voice is also sexy, and he has an amazing accent. I love listening to him. His casual comment makes me think about something in a new way.

Wait. I sat up immediately. 

Darn it. Why am I thinking too much of Adonis? 

Adonis' POV

I love you so much, and I'm missing you so bad. T.

Another text message from Trisha. Abruptly, I blocked the number again. I had been doing it since we broke up.

I made a terrible mistake three months ago. I shouldn't have met her again after our break up. I was only leading her on. 

She was desperate to win me again. I let her kissed me that night in the bar. I responded, validating if the spark was still there. But I could not feel it anymore. 

I let go of her, but she clung to me, holding me closely.

"Trish, stop," I removed her arms from my shoulders, putting a distance between us.

"I love you so much, Adonis. Please, let's work this out. I can't lose you," she begged, "I'll die if you leave me."

"You should have thought about that before you turned to other men," I said harshly, "It's over, Trish. You can't turn it back the way it used to be like nothing happened."

"I'm only human, I made a mistake. I was trying to find myself, Adonis, and I realized, how important you are to me. Now, my love is full for you, Adonis. Only you."

I chuckled nastily, "that reasoning is so low, I don't buy that. You cracked the mirror. You can't turn it back. We're over, Trish."

I could not trust her again after her betrayal. The love and respect that I had for her, vanished like smoke.