Chapter 11 - Gwen

I was tying Lily's hair into a French braid when Mari came in holding a letter. Erin was at my side, braiding Amy's hair, while Freesia ties my hair. We all looked at Mari together when she arrived.

"Milady, a letter came from Count Riviere's address." She says and handed the envelope to me.

My hands instantly stopped moving and took the letter from her.

My eyes saw the seal and blinked. Why are they sending me a letter?

I was curious and also a little bit apprehensive, thinking that it might be a death threat or something.

I'm just being a little dramatic, that's all. .

I opened the seal and pulled the missive inside. My eyes scanned the whole thing rapidly, looking for the words, death, die, kill and more along these lines but found nothing.

As I've said, I'm just being dramatic.

It was actually a note, requesting an audience with me, and the sender was Gwyneth herself.

Is she going to threaten me in person? How bold!

Nahh, I might be just over reacting and thinking way too deeply into this. I mean, how daring could one be to go and terrorize someone from a Marquis residence? Unless they were a duke or from a royalty, no one openly opposes, much more from a Count title which is a rank lower than ours.

So yeah, I might be just over reacting.

"Count Riviere? Isn't that the same girl who was being so rude to milady? You know, that same girl I told you last time? The one who kept bitching about her shoes!" Erin blabbered, intensely ranting off to the others.

"Oh? What does the letter says milady? Is she terrorizing you?" Amy chimes and looked at me.

Everyone waited for my reply in anticipation. They all looked so serious that I found it funny. They seemed so ready to go to war any minute.

"She says she wants to meet me." I replied and put the note back inside the envelope.

"She said that? Is she going to bully you in person? How audacious!" Erin exclaims.

I pursed my lips and looked at Erin who looked raging.

So I'm not the only one who's being theatrical.

"M-milady?" Lily mutters. She looked very worried so I patter her head to reassure her.

"Don't worry, I'm here~ She might just want to talk so let's not jump to conclusions first." I pointed out.

Erin stopped and looked calmer now. The others nodded in affirmation while Lily sighed in relief.

I stood up and went to the vanity. I then grabbed a pen and paper from the drawer and started writing.

"What are you going to say milady?" Mari questions.

"I'm saying yes and to come tomorrow," I replied.

There was a short silence and I ignored them. I finished writing and put it inside the envelope, then sealed it afterward.

"Send this to the Count's," I ordered Mari. She took it and went on her way immediately.

"B-but, is it okay?" Amy mutters.

"If it is what milady wants, then we abide by it," Freesia stated and everyone went silent again.

I honestly don't know what to expect but I'll just see what's in store for tomorrow. For now, though, I need to inform the kitchen about my incoming guest.