Chapter 12 - Set Things Straight

"How's your meeting with Count Riviere's daughter?" Dad asks during dinner.

I looked up from my meal and smiled at him.

"We had a very good time together! She actually came to apologize for her behavior and we're friends now~" I answered him cheerfully.

My father, Leon, looked at me in disbelief.

"You are? Then that's good. Count Riviere actually approached me earlier today to apologize on behalf of her daughter. It seems that he doesn't have to do that anyway after all."

I guess even the Count has learned about the incident huh. He must have gotten flustered after knowing who I was from his people, or maybe from the rumors, who knows. .

"She's honestly a kind girl so I have no issues with her. We have cleared every misunderstanding from our first meeting." I added.

"Hmm..." The Marquis hummed as he resumed eating.

Nathan hasn't said a word but he looks like he's listening attentively.

"The Academy is opening next month, what are you planning Nathan?" Father suddenly declared.

I instantly looked at the both of them.

Academy? A school?

Come to think of it. I heard from Erin that Nadia was homeschooled because she apparently sucks at etiquette training.

I was like oops, I know right. I, who is not from this world, is better than her. Even the girls got surprised by my sudden changes.

"It's my last year, so I'll attend," Nathan replies, not looking at us.

My eyes sparkled in interest. I want to attend too!

"I also want to go!" I exclaimed which made the two of them stare at me, especially Nathan.

"In the Academy?" Father confirms.

I nod in affirmation, smiling at him widely while giving him the eyes. You know, that thing that cats do when they want something and seduce their owners using this tactic.

"But I thought you don't want to go." He said.

Nathan was now looking at me with furrowed brows.

"I changed my mind!" I replied. "This is also an opportunity for me to gain connections, dad. I could meet new people and maybe, gain some friends."

There was a short moment of silence but my father then sighed as if giving in.

He really is such a doting father. If I don't behave myself, I might get carried away with his doting ways. You're spoiling me too much, father.

"If that's what you want, then you can go."

I smiled even more after hearing what he said.

"Nathan is also attending so it's good, you can go together." He finished.

My eyes trained at my silent brother who still looks like he doesn't know what to say. I blinked at him while giving him the sweetest smile I could ever conjure.

"Please take care of me~" I uttered and Nathan looked even more stressed out than before. I could even see him mumbling. Too bad, I couldn't hear it though.

A month had passed and it was already time for the Academy to open.

I went with my brother together, who sat in the carriage in silence, throughout the journey. He wasn't brooding or anything, he was honestly just silently deliberating something.