Chapter 13 - Something Fishy

Beatriz was watching the whole thing unfolds and becomes surprised. She had met Nadia before, but the Nadia she was seeing right now looked entirely different.

The way she talks now is more refined and isn't rough like how she used to. Even the way she held herself is not the same. She doesn't act like the same arrogant lady she was, at all.

She doesn't hate her, and she hadn't liked her either. She was just surprised at how she appeared to be at this moment.

They have the same face but they exude different aura.

Removing her eyes off of her, she departed from the scene, having seen enough for the day.

----------**** .

"Nathan! Are you going somewhere?" Asked Luther, the second son of Duke Reichen and the student council treasurer.

Luther was leaning back at the sofa and looking at Nathan who was already opening the door.

Nathan only glanced at the red-haired guy and continued, walking out of the room.

Ezekiel gazed at the closed door, and so are the three other people inside the student council room.

They were all important people who came from powerful families, and together, they formed the council. Except for Nathaniel who declined to be in the council because he finds it troublesome. He made it his getaway place though if he wanted to be left alone.

"Does he have somewhere to be?" Questioned Eon, Count Riviere's eldest son, and the council's secretary. His messy brown hair almost covered his green eyes.

"Ah! Isn't his sister attending the Academy as well? I think I saw her during the assembly," The guy with long black hair tied into a ponytail remarked. It was Conrad, from the ducal house of Ethalion and the council's vice president.

"Right! I think her name was Nadia. I have already met her once. She visited the house before and my sister kept talking about her these days," Eon said and looked at them.

The three of them looked at each other and stood up.

"Let's see where he's going," Ezekiel uttered and the three of them decided to follow Nathan.

"But it's impossible, right? Didn't he hate his sister's guts?" Luther

"And she kept bugging you too, that's what you said before," Stated Conrad and waved at the students who greeted them.

"She is a troublesome lady," Ezekiel muttered and smiled at the people in acknowledgment. Ezekiel, as the Crown Prince, is also the student council president.

They had finally joined Nathan and the five of them walked together to the direction of the first year's social event.

Ezekiel looked dubious and stares at Nathaniel who wasn't saying anything who then suddenly stopped, which made them halt as well.

"Are we going in the wrong way?" Ezekiel asks.

He might have really turned in the wrong direction. There's no way he's going to his sister's event.

"... I forgot to bring something," Nathan then murmurs, looking perplexed.

The four guys looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Conrad

"I didn't bring a gift," Nathan replied and was really frowning now which made them more puzzled.

"A gift? For who?" Eon inquired as he scratches his head.

Nathan glanced at him, then looks around as if searching for something.