Chapter 19 - Don't Touch Me, I'm Famous

The next day, I came to school with my brother who didn't go away until he had sent me to the gates. Gwen was waiting for me there at the Academy entrance and she wasn't alone. Another girl was beside her who looks very familiar.

Isn't that...

"Hey," I greeted them as soon as I got close.

My eyes glanced at the black-haired beauty from yesterday. She was also staring at me so I gave her a friendly smile. .

"This is Beatriz," Gwen mentions, gesturing to her. "She said she wanted to tag along, is it okay?"

"Hello," Beatriz uttered while wearing that poker smile on her face. She kind of reminds me of Freesia, they're both cold beauties.

"Ah, it's fine! Hello~ Thank you for lending me your handkerchief yesterday," I said and beamed at her.

I then looked at Gwen in inquiry, wondering how they got to know each other. Seeing my questioning eyes, she explains.

Without batting an eyelid, "She's my fiance's younger sister."

I gaped at Gwen, feeling like she had grown two heads all of a sudden.

What? A fiancé?

"You're engaged?" I asked, looking incredulous.

Ah right, this is a time period where engagement happens at a very early age. I shouldn't be shocked by this information but I can't help it!

Gwen fidgets and looks down, "Yes..." She mumbles in an almost whisper-like voice but I heard it nevertheless.

How come she didn't tell me about it? She never once mentioned a single word regarding her supposed fiancé.

Well whatever, it's not a big deal anyway.

My eyes peered at Beatriz who was silent throughout our conversation and found her staring at me in earnest. I blinked at her and then she averted her eyes.

Okay?

The three of us walked inside, and that's when my company grows one more person. We both started going altogether during the academy days. I got to know that Beatriz doesn't talk that much but when she does, she's very straightforward. Her words sometimes are like knives cutting you where it hurts the most.

I remember that one time when we had a little banter with Rosamunde's squad. She told them off in a very harsh and honest way that even I got hurt just from hearing it, albeit the fact that it wasn't directed to me.

She's friendly with us though...

After a week or so, I had noticed one weird thing. A lot of students would always gather around whenever we are in the picture and would sometimes see them looking bizarrely at us while whispering.

I brushed it off thinking that Rosamunde or those four little bitches had thrown another odd rumor about me.

Then it got to the point where we were walking along the hallways and they would literally part like the ocean and gaze at us with that weird looks they've been giving. It makes me apprehensive that I might have a very nasty reputation right now. No one had come off to my face even if I was sincerely waiting for it.

"Good Afternoon Miss Nadia," A group of girls greeted me.

"Good Afternoon," I replied and gave them a genuine smile.

The girls suddenly started panicking and were gushing with each other, looking like excited children.

What...