𝟑𝟖. lil' ass-kicker

WHITE FLAG

chapter thirty-eight : lil' ass-kicker
{ season three - episode four & five }

chapter thirty-eight : lil' ass-kicker{ season three - episode four & five }

THE WHOLE WAY back to the others was dead silent. No one spoke, the guilt and sadness overwhelming them all. Carl didn't even look at the women, he just stayed behind Maggie and in front of Kloe as he stared at the ground with a broken look.

Isabelle was behind Kloe to make sure walkers couldn't follow them. Thankfully, they had a clear path back to the cell block. The only sound that was amongst them was the sound of the baby girl in Kloe's arms. From inside, Kloe could hear the group outside.

She knew that they'd be looking for them. The baby reached out her arms and grabbed the string that was around Kloe's shoulder from her bow. Kloe stopped while the others continued walking toward the exit, carefully tugging the tiny hands off of her bow.

Maggie pushed open the door to the cellblock, noticing that the whole group was out there except for T-Dog and Carol. She slowly walked down the steps as Carl did the same. While inside, Kloe slowly took off her bow and quiver so the baby couldn't grab onto them.

Isabelle stood with Kloe and waited for her, not ready to watch the group's faces fall when they tell them that Lori was no longer with them. One thing Kloe wasn't ready for was to tell Rick. His wife had died, and it didn't take them second thoughts to know that he'd be lost himself.

Maggie pushed the squeaky fence open, cutting whatever Rick was saying off. Everyone's attention set onto Maggie and Carl, who slowly stepped through the gate. Maggie peered over her shoulder, noticing that Kloe and Isabelle were gone, but she could hear them making their way over to the door.

She turned back around, seeing that Rick was pointing at her hands that were coated with blood. "Whose blood is that?" He questioned, stepping forward. Glenn and Zayn stood by each other's side, seeing that the girl they were most close to wasn't with Maggie and Carl, but that wasn't true.

Everyone's ears perked up and their eyes widened as they heard faint baby noises coming from the door. Their eyes lifted, catching sight of Kloe and Isabelle. Kloe was covered in even more blood than Maggie was, and her cheeks were stained with tears.

As Kloe and Isabelle stepped through the gate, she immediately saw Rick's face and she felt like breaking down all over again. Maggie stood off to one side as Kloe slowly approached the man who stared at the baby with wide eyes.

Kloe froze in place as the baby reached up at her and touched her chin. Kloe slowly looked down at her, her bottom lip starting to quiver as more tears began filling her eyes.

She looked back up at Rick, who had dropped his axe. She opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Only sobs. Maggie's eyes began to tear up again as she remembered cutting open the woman, the guilt flowing through her veins.