𝙤𝙣𝙚

┍━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┑

You and your family are
pyschos and I guess that's
what makes you a klutz.

┕━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┙

Clarisa LaRusso slides through the hallways of West Valley High. She sighs as she looks around and sees the normal teen stereotypes. The jocks, the nerds, the mean girls, the band geeks, the theater kids, the try-hards. Oh, Clarisa had grouped together each and everyone of these kids, trying to find a place where she would fit in, finding no such spot for herself.

Her green eyes wandered across the hallway, watching couples makeout, teachers yelling at students and kids getting late to class. She had seen all of it. She'd much rather be at the Pet Store, where she contained her job. Clarisa briskly walks through some more kids, accidentally bumping into one of them. 

"Shit!" Clarisa cries as whoever she bumped into had added a big pink mark on her favourite white blouse. Looking up, Clarisa sees it was Yasmine, one of the biggest bullies and most popular girl in her school.

"What the hell!" Yasmine snaps, looking at her mushed lipstick that had rubbed against Clarisa's shirt.

"Look what you did, bitch!" Yasmine shouts, waving her lipstick around.

"Look what it did to my shirt!" Clarisa counters, holding out her shirt stained with a bright pink. Yasmine scowls and begins looking around for a teacher to tell. One teacher begins walking their way but turns around when they see Yasmine asking for help. 

Yasmine acquiesces and says, "You got lucky this time, bitch. I'll let you off of the hook just cause you and your family are pyschos and I guess that's what makes you a klutz." 

Clarisa's jaw clenches as Yasmine walks through her, bumping into her elbow as she does so. Clarisa stares at the girl, with terrible thoughts in her brain. 

Yasmine was the biggest bully in Clarisa's life. Samatha, Clarisa's cousin and Daniel's daughter was also best friends with Yasmine. Sam either had no idea what a bitch Yasmine was to Clarisa or she just didn't care. Sam used to be a good person, but soon peer pressure and popularity got the better of the girl. Sam was still nice to Clarisa, but she never stood up for her.

Clarisa rushes to the bathroom where mainly people went to makeout, smoke or vape, so no one was really there. She locks the bathroom stall and bangs her head against the stall door. Clarisa lets out a huge cry, sobbing her heart out.

People didn't know how hard it was for Clarisa to keep up this fake, happy, pretend look. Clarisa went from a happy-go-lucky tween, to a depressed teenager, but the worst part was that no one knew how she was really feeling.

After The Incident, Daniel LaRusso had taken the family of three in, trying to help grieve and mourn with his and their pain. Daniel could only do so much, so when the eldest brother, Jameson, had come of age, he had to take care of the whole family. 

They got very minimal support from the government so Jameson had to work two jobs to support his younger sisters and Clarisa worked to help out a bit as well. 

The family was in a rough place, and they got mocked for it. But did any of them dare to tell them the truth, absolutely not. This family was strong, they came from a  bloodline of fighters.

Clarisa wipes her tears and fixes her makeup before heading out.

I have to be strong.

━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━

Clarisa began her trek home, which was a pretty short one. Many kids decide to drive instead, but after her sister had asked her not to and given her a whole speech on global warming, Clarisa had stopped.

She reaches her apartment which was a dingy one at that. She walks up the stairs of the complex, stopping a bit as she smells a herbal, familiar smell. Someone was smoking weed.

Sighing, Clarisa continued to make her way to her apartment number, passing by pedophiles, perverts, weirdos, nose pickers, nice old people and probably the occasional serial killer. Finally reaching her apartment, she opens the door and is whisked away by the smell of hot brownies.

Clarisa takes in the smell and breathes out before going to find her sister. She looks around the living room and then to Quinn's room. Before opening the door, Clarisa presses the little button on the door, to create a sort of light alarm for Quinn to know that someone was at the door.

Slowly the door opens and Quinn LaRusso motions for Clarisa to enter. 

"Hi Quinn." Clarisa signs, taking her right hand and doing a sort of salute motion from her hand. Quinn repeats the same thing, grabbing the book she was reading.

"How was school?" Clarisa signs.

Quinn barely glances at her sister before signing, "Fine."

Clarisa doesn't push the subject and sits next to her. She smiles softly at the girl before ruffling her hair. Quinn playfully swats her sister's hand away and they both laugh. Quinn then notices her sister's shirt. The young girl points at it.

"Oh that." Clarisa signs. "Yasmine just bumped into me and got her lipstick all over it."

"Why is Sam even friends with her?" Quinn sighs and signs. Clarisa shakes her head and shrugs.

"People change." She signs. Quinn nods and goes back to reading.

"What book are you reading?" Clarisa signs. Quinn turns over the book to show Clarisa a book called, I am Malala.

"Hey I remember reading that when I was your age. It's a really good book." Clarisa signs and Quinn nods and smiles. Quinn continues reading and Clarisa sighs at the girl.

What happened to Quinn wasn't fair, she's just a kid. She doesn't deserve to go through this, is what Clarisa thought. Clarisa longed for a way that it could have been her, and not her younger brother or mother. 

Why not me?

━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━