Chapter 43 - Is This The End?

I stood there, frozen stiff, and wide-eyed.

'What the hell is that?!'

The fox in my arms squirmed and whimpered again as if telling me to run or something. That's what I understood though.

"Oh my God, is that the wild boar?!" I screamed and immediately ran for my life while still clutching the fox to my chest.

How?! Why?! I mean, why did it appear right now?! It wasn't supposed to appear until four years from now, what the hell??!!

I jumped over some bushes, but because the ground was freaking shaking like crazy, my stance was unsteady. My body swayed, as another tremble occurred before a loud squealing sound echoed. It made some birds fly away while my eardrums almost ruptured from how loud it was.

I was sweating because I could almost feel the humongous thing behind me. But I did not turn around to look at it..

To hell with that! If I would then I'll die for sure!

I was never a good runner, I got too exhausted during PE time because of running laps. Damn, I could not even complete 3 laps at once! But this time, I feel like I could win the freaking Olympics by how fast I was being.

It's maybe due to adrenaline. I mean, who cares?! I need to warn Bea and the rest!

"BEAAAAA! RUUUUUN!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I zipped forward.

I bolted out of the clearing and saw Bea on her feet readying her sword and was about to hoist herself up the horse. Looks like she heard the loud grunt of the wild boar too and was about to come to my rescue.

"Nadia!" She suddenly exclaimed.

At other times, I would have been shocked and impressed by how loud she had said that, but it's a bad situation we are in.

"The wild boar is here, where are they?! We need to run!" my heart was pounding crazily that I could not even hear myself.

"They are still not--"

"GRRRAAAAAHHR!"

"AAAAAAAAAH!" both of us screamed as the wild boar appeared on the clearing as well.

The horses were all so frightened they started neighing and running around like banshees. It was now a cacophony of deafening sounds.

I sprinted to Bea's position and shivered. What do we do in this kind of situation? My feelings were all a mess that I wasn't even sure if I wanted to cry from fear or laugh at my expense.

'See? I fvcking jinxed myself.'

"That damn Rosamunde!" I gritted my teeth.

This all happened because I saw her face. I knew a bad omen would come whenever I see her, I just knew!

Okay, I might be just spouting nonsense and blaming Rosa for being such a bringer of bad luck, but what else am I supposed to say? I would rather be like this than cry pathetically like a baby.

"They must have heard it too, they will come! I'm sure they will," I told her. Trying to appease ourselves.

By how thunderous this boar was being, it would be impossible that nobody from close proximity heard it. I bet even those from the grounds heard it either and might be racing in this direction.

I stared at the wild boar which was huffing and puffing right at this moment. Its beady red eyes were intensely staring at us, looking seriously mad. It was freaking gigantic, as tall as a tree, and big as hell. Two big canines were protruding on the side of its mouth, and three curved horns just above its snout.

Extremely terrifying and looked utterly demonic. Where did this being spawned from? Hell?

"This... Why did it appear today? This doesn't make sense..." I mumbled.

The boar chuffed, smoke escaping from its snout, and began stomping its hooves on the ground.

"Oh no... It's going to charge..."

Is this the end? Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Just kidding...

But yeah, this might be the end of my beautiful life. But I am not going down without a fight! Hell no!

I glanced at Bea, who was as pale as radish right now. Blood was drained from her face and she seemed to be frozen in shock as well.

'Not good.'

My hand grabbed her shoulder and shook her, trying to bring her back from her reverie.

"Bea, Bea!" --Bea's unfocused eyes looked at me, with apparent fear being reflected on those-- "Listen!"

I shoved the fox on her arms, "If we both run together, it will surely chase one of us! So we should avoid that or else one of us will die. So after I give a signal, you run. Run as fast as you can and don't look back. You hear me?!"

"W-what about you?" she remarked with widening eyes.

"I will distract the boar," --then held up my bow and arrow-- "-you just need to do as I say and meet the others so they can help. And take care of the little fox, okay?" I added.

"B-but--"

"OKAY?!"

'Damn it, there is no time for dilly-dallying! We're in a life and death situation right now!'

"I-- I--"

My hands pushed her back, "Run."

Before sprinting in the other direction while yelling out loud.

"Hey, you! You fat pig! Yes, you!" I basically screamed out to get its attention. The boar's beady red eyes swiveled at me, "--Hah! You look ugly! Ugly fat pig! You look like Rose and Rosamunde!"

The wild boar seemed to get angry by it and started huffing and grunting.

'Even this boar is insulted from just being compared to you Rosa'

"That's right! You're like them! Ugly on the inside! Come to me if you can! Stupid pig!"

I then glanced at Bea who was still not moving, " What are you doing? I said run!"

Bea's eyes shifted slightly and were hesitant, but she might have seen how serious I am, that's why she dashed away with the fox and had not looked back one bit.

Now, my only hope is that Nathan and the others would come to my rescue before I end up as skewered meat.

Report chapter