Chapter 51 - Sweet Dreams

I dreamt of something. It was about Nadia during her childhood days. I was in the back garden and there was another child with me. He looked exactly like the child version of Nathaniel, so I guess it was him. He was really cute there too!

"Brother! It's just a worm, why are you crying too much?" The little Nadia, who was holding a stick with a little worm wriggling in it, frowned at the little boy in front of her.

Her wavy silvery-white hair was cropped short, reaching just above her tiny shoulders, and with two pigtails at each side. She was a little taller than Nathaniel who came just below her nose. His ruby eyes that sparkled with tears crinkled even more as he bawled, while his cheeks and nose were rosy from all the crying he did

'Oh my God, he is so adorable?! Is this really Nathan as a child?'

They looked around 8-10 years old here.

"You're a boy! You should be strong! How are you going to protect me if you cry so easily?" Little Nadia pointed out. .

"B-but-- I... I hate worms... They are scary when they wiggle..." Nathan mumbled and started weeping when Nadia pushed out the stick to his face, "Nooooo Uwaaaahh--"

'Awwww oh goooosh~ I want to squeeze him!'

I felt the child Nadia's exasperation and saw her sighed before putting down the stick on the ground. She then comes closer to her brother and wipes the tears off his face using the skirt of her dress.

"Fine, it's gone now. Don't cry, okay?" Nadia cooed as she kept dabbing on his eyes.

The scene then ended at that moment before I finally came to my senses. It was a really short dream, but freaking adorable nonetheless. I assumed that it was one of this body's memories.

'That was priceless!'

I stirred from my sleep, waking up. Slowly, my eyes opened but I was bombarded with a sharp thumping in my head. It was clear that I was having a severe migraine because I literally got dizzy just from opening my eyes.

My body felt heavy either, like an elephant, or that stupid wild boar was pressing over me. Heavens! I could not even lift one arm! All the places felt sore, and there was stinging pain everywhere. But my head hurts the most out of all.

"Uughh..." I mumbled and rolled to the side.

I felt cold and hot at the same time, shivering like crazy. My hands pulled the covers over my body then kicked it off, feeling hot. But I got cold again and pulled it over, like some damn cycle.

"My lady!" A voice called out. I wasn't sure who it was because there were other voices calling me too. It did not really help me, because it just made the throbbing in my head grow stronger.

'Everyone, shut up!'

I wanted to tell them off but my voice was useless at that moment. My throat is dry as hell and hurts badly either. Clearly, I had a fever. A very shitty one at that.

'Wow. Is this because of fatigue? But damn, I felt like dying...'

I moaned in pain again, wriggling in the bed like the worm in my dream. I heard people starting to panic, loud voices chattering and footsteps going to and fro. It was a cacophony of annoying sounds.

'For Pete's sake...'

Someone suddenly lifted my upper body off the bed. I can't honestly push them away or stop them for the reason that I legit can't move. Anyway, this person lifted me just enough for my head to rise from lying down. Then an arm slithered around my back, supporting me before I was leaned on someone's wide chest. That someone said something and glass was then being pushed in front of my mouth.

'Ah, is this water? Thanks, whoever might you be...'

I slowly sipped it, grateful to soothe my dried throat. I slowly shook my head, which was painful as hell to do so and I immediately regretted it, to indicate that I don't want the water anymore. The person then laid me down carefully again before some wet cloth or towel was put over my forehead.

I seriously wanted to open my eyes so I could see who it was. Someone brushed away the hair off my sweaty forehead and neck, and the gesture was so gentle it felt like an angel was doing it.

'Oh, am I dead? Is this heaven? But why am I in pain?'

Maybe God was a little mad at me for all the evil acts I did in the past. Like stealing cookies in the middle of the night, or when I tried to cheat during my maths exam in the real world. I did not do it though! I only peeked at the side but the person did not have an answer as well, so it wasn't counted as cheating, right? So perhaps, this is my little punishment.

"You're not dead, and I forbid you to die either," a low voice answered from beside me.

'Jesus? Is that you?'

"No," the voice responded again.

Ah, then an angel? They might be truly an angel then. Someone who is this generous and kind must be one of those divine spirits.

I heard a pause, which was strange. Can you even hear pauses? I have no idea...

'Angel, I can't open my eyes! Am I going to be blind from now on? I don't want that! I still want to see gorgeous people!'

Hmm, I felt like I'm in clouds now, being rocked by the gentle wind. I felt something nuzzling my side, something furry and silky. My confused mind thought it was a dog and wondered when I had ever got one.

"Is Nadia going to be okay?" A little voice muttered, sounding worried.

"She will, it's an order," the low voice beside me replied.

I heard shuffling again but I was too far gone to dreamland that I had not noticed what was happening around me. I only felt something warm licking my hand before I finally dozed off again.