Chapter 55 - You Have A Message

"You should take a rest, Leon."

It was uttered out by the man in black garb gilded with gold. He was sitting behind a grand table, reading and signing important documents. His dark brown hair was neatly styled back, without any single strand standing out. His sharp hawk-like eyes narrowed at the weary marquis standing on his side.

In front of him was a stack of papers he was reading and sometimes sealing it. They were all either a new policy, an appeal, or reports. It was all sifted to the most to least important.

It was none other than the great sun of the Rosenthal Empire, Emperor Ilbertus Micahel Garin-Windsor III. His right hand, which was holding a quill, moved to draw his signature over the parchment. The golden ring with the royal family's insignia on his finger glinted in the light, it was the ring that signifies him, as the emperor. The symbol of his authority and power..

On his other side was Ezekiel, doing his duty as the crown prince by helping with the internal affairs. There were two other people in there aside from them, the dukes of Ethalion and Riviere.

They were at the study, discussing issues regarding the empire.

Kael, the emperor, had noticed that Leon has been way too off of his element these past few days. It's because of his only daughter falling into a coma out of the blue, just after The Hunt.

He had already told him countless times to take it easy, and take the day off, but the man is a stubborn fool. He worries endlessly and still works tirelessly either. At the rate he is going, it wouldn't be impossible that he would collapse one day from exhaustion. He was, after all, the most hardworking out of all of them.

The marquis only firmly shakes his head in opposition, which made the other people present to click their tongues.

'Stubborn as a mule...' was their thoughts.

"We still have to finish this edict, Your majesty," Leon replied as he clutched a pile of papers.

The emperor closed his mouth for a moment, staring at him. Leon and him, aside from their relationship tying them together as in-laws, they were also childhood friends. Both of them fought in the war and brought glory to their empire. He knew exactly how Leon is, a hard-headed man. No one could shake his impenetrable will aside from his wife and children. He may not look like it, but he is a devoted husband and a father.

"Is Nadia still unconscious?" Duke of Ethalion inquired. He has long black hair that reached just above his shoulders and was gelled back. A reading glasses were perched atop his proud nose.

"Right, what's the news about her?" Duke of Reichen added. His mop of red curls almost covered his eyes, but the glasses prevented it from doing that.

Ezekiel silently listened and gazed at his uncle in anticipation, waiting for his answer. He got worried when he heard the news about Nadia, which was strange. It made him fall into deep thinking, mulling over how and when did he start giving a damn about his cousin.

They had heard about it from Leon firsthand and were actually curious as to the reason why especially Ezekiel. He had, after all, been with her throughout the whole ordeal, so he got surprised.

And not just it, the elder men were also curious about that child too. The person who had killed the boar.

At first, they were a little doubtful, but Ezekiel testified to it to their utter amazement. It had already created quite the buzz around the nobility either. Rumors spread like wildfire as soon as it was announced. About the death of the notorious wild boar, and the person behind it.

It was the first time that a girl had won The Hunt, and not just any girl either, a very young one at that. She had won her first hunt with a record-breaking achievement, even surpassing the previous winner which was her father.

Their curiosity made them want to see her. She was already scheduled to meet the emperor a day after the event, then that happened.

"Yes," Leon replied and let out a weary sigh.

"Then rest. Go home and wait for your daughter's recovery," The emperor voiced out. His orders fell on deaf ears.

"How about you try contacting the Priests? They are holy healers, they might have some spells that could cure her," Duke Ethalion remarked.

'Priests? That's right, maybe I should go to them,' was the marquis' thoughts.

"I can ask Janus in your place," the emperor offered.

The Marquis was about to take him on that when they got disturbed by the emperor's right-hand man.

"My apologies for disturbing Your Imperial Highness, but a certain Uno from Herman's estate is here to relay an urgent message to the marquis," was his statement.

The people inside the room perked up, more especially Leon. He gave him a sign and the guard immediately let Uno in.

Uno bowed as soon as he came in, "Greetings to the great sun of Rosenthal. Glory to the Imperial Majesty."

"Just tell him what you came here for," the emperor dismissed.

"Yes," Uno answered, then turned to Leon, "The young miss had regained consciousness," he quickly disclosed.

Leon turned stiff for a moment, heart beating loud in his ears.

The emperor glanced at him, "Go home and tend to your child. Take this day off and rest as well. I don't want you to come back here later," he ordered him.

"Do not worry about the edict, we will work on it," Duke Reichen voiced out.

The marquis, without even properly greeting the emperor off, immediately took swift strides out of the room with Uno on his trail. The others did not mind it while those who have witnessed it turned a blind eye either. They already know the relationship between the two so it wasn't a big deal to them.

Ezekiel stared at the door after the marquis had left. He was glad that Nadia had finally woken up from the coma. He wanted to follow his uncle and visit her, but he held himself back. He can pay her a visit tomorrow or the day after that anyway.