Chapter 57 - House Visit Pt. 1

"Then let's eat while we talk, shall we?" I said and ushered her to the table in the middle of the room.

As we sat down, servants came in with a cart containing food. They then placed it in front of us one by one and Mari volunteered to make us tea while we converse.

"How did you fall into a coma? I mean why?" Gwen asked after everyone retreated from the room while Erin stayed and patiently stood at the side. "Did anything else happen there?"

"Are you really that eager to know? At least take a bite on your food first," I chuckled and munched on a scone which has become one of my favorite foods after Lost, and Kai asked for it every day.

Gwen pouted, "Nadia! I am truly worried here! My best friend was just ill, you know! Food is secondary..."

She said that but she dug in anyway. I bet she's hungry.. Who wouldn't? She rushed here without taking in anything...

"Wow, this is good..." she then mumbled after trying the scones.

The side of my lips quirked. We had a silent agreement, so for a while, we just got silent and savored the food. It could only buy us for some time though when someone came knocking on the door again.

Both of us turned around and saw Mari with Bea standing behind her.

'Oh, she's here too?'

"Milady, Lady Beatriz Ethalion is also here to meet you," Mari announced and let Bea in.

Our eyes were glued on her who walked in our direction, but with hurried steps. This was the first that I had seen her this way. I can't remember a day where she ever rushed. Probably during the hunt, yes, but the rest is just her having all the time in the world and taking things slowly.

As soon as she reached my side, Bea grabbed the sleeve of my dress and stared right into my eyes. She did not open her mouth at all but just continued doing that, and it made me confused.

"Hmm?" then blinked at her. Bea only looked down on her feet for a moment but remained silent.

'Wait... She's worried too, isn't she? But she's too shy to say anything...'

I wanted to chuckle, but it might make her more embarrassed so I tugged her down and let her sit beside us instead.

"Join us. I know for sure that you have not eaten yet," I said and urged her on by preparing another plate for her.

'This has become a lively breakfast. I prefer this nevertheless...'

When we were already satisfied and full, that was when I only started talking.

"Okay, first of all, I have no idea how and why I got unconscious for almost a week," I started. The two of them perked up, awaiting my next words-- "I just remembered that I was sick the day after the event, and then I apparently woke up just yesterday, looking like a wrapped up onigiri," I explained.

Both of them frowned at the unfamiliar term just now.

'Hmm... Maybe I should make some, one of these days and let them try it.'

"A what?" Gwen voiced out.

"Nevermind that. But yeah, that's what happened. So I actually don't have anything to tell you. I can't explain it either," I remarked and sipped on my tea.

Gwen bit her lower lip, "That's strange. Are you sure that nothing happened in that forest aside from the boar episode?"

"Nope. I can't remember anything else that might have triggered something like that to me," then shrugged my shoulders.

She turned to Bea, "Is what she said correct, Bea?"

"Wah-- Why are you asking her? You don't believe me?" I gasped with widening eyes.

"It's not that I don't believe you, but who knows if you had a memory lapse? You were sick after all!" Gwen reasoned out.

'Ah... If you say that, then I would get suspicious now either.'

But I am pretty sure that my memories are correct!

"Nadia is right," Bea muttered.

"See? I told you already Gwen. You two can stop worrying about me now, okay?" I said and smiled at my two best friends.

"Are you sure?" Gwen pushed on.

I internally sighed.

How many times do I have to reassure someone? I feel like a broken record already.

"Yes, I am sure," I mumbled.

"We actually had visited you twice this week while you were unconscious. But we couldn't get to see you because Nathan and your father were losing their minds, so we did not press on," Gwen added. "I also remembered seeing different flowers, gifts, and letters being brought in here too."

'Wait, what? Flowers and letters? Why did I not know anything about that?'

My eyes gazed at Erin who bowed to me as a gesture that she would explain later.

'Well, sure.'

"Gifts? From whom?" I asked in curiosity.

"Your fan club," Bea answered.

'Ohh...'

"It's good that you are back on your feet now Nadia," Gwen suddenly uttered after a moment of silence. She looked very sincere as well, which is making me blush I tell you.

"Mmm, Welcome back Nadia," Bea added and smiled at me for the first time.

'Awwww...'

"Thank you for coming here for me," I said and smiled at them warmly as well.

Bea looked down again and played with the frills on the table cloth.

"I also wanted to thank you for saving my life," she then looked at me. Her eyes shone with genuineness, "I owe it to you..."

"Aw, come on, Bea. What are friends for?" I replied.

'Don't make me cry now!'

"You two!" Gwen called out, "Here, a hug!" She then stood up to her seat and gave us a bear hug which made us laugh.

Inside that room, you would see three ladies huddled together while giggling. I would perhaps find it funny if I saw it. Or cute. Yeah, we're the cutest after all.

I cleared my throat after we broke away from the embrace. I was hiding my blush by appearing nonchalant about it. Same as Bea, but her cheeks tinged red nevertheless, so it was noticeable.

'Now, what do I say in this situation?'

"Ehem," someone faked a cough from the doorway.

The three of us turned and saw the whole student council, with one exception, standing there like some damn boy group.