Chapter 81 - The Encounter Pt. 1

"Kai. Where's Kai?" I asked and looked around. He wanted to join us so I am looking for him.

"I already told him, he was just changing," Nathaniel answered and gestured at the mansion.

"Ohh..." I mumbled.

Just then, Kai and Lost emerged out of the mansion, dressed up and ready to leave.

"They're here!" I exclaimed as my eyes sparkled in glee.

.

I am basically jumping on my feet right now. Obviously, they all could see that I am pretty excited.

"Let's go," Nathan says and offered his hand to me. I was only happy to grab it and now the four of us went on our way.

------

It was a busy day in the Capital. Lanterns and stuff were hanging over our heads, which means that a festival or an event would be celebrated soon. The Capital Market is especially crowded, and there were a lot of people going to and fro. Different stands for food and products littered the sidewalk and were being hogged by common folks.

As much as I want to look around and marvel at those things, I was feeling rather agitated.

'How can we ever see the Female Lead like this?'

It would be close to impossible! Though it is a perfect place to have the robbery thing happening, how can I spot her quickly?

'Maybe I should wait for the commotion to ensue?'

It's not a bad strategy, but I really want to see her first before the event happens so I could be prepared. If it is going to occur just like that, I wouldn't get to enjoy it, because I would also get distracted from trying to catch up with the situation. That is not a favorable condition at all.

I was turning my head from here and there, as I tried to spot a lady with brightly colored hair. Anything that resembles yellow, my eyes would follow it. It's like finding a needle in a haystack.

'There's just too many people...'

"Wow, look at that," Kai voiced out. He sounded like he was truly amazed by whatever he was seeing. I was too distracted to see what it was...

"I need to buy something over there, are you all coming along?" Nathan then says and points to the opposite side.

My senses snapped back to him, "Huh? Ah, yes!"

Let's not get away from Nathan because he is one of the key points for the event.

The four of us crossed to the other side and went to a stall where it was less crowded. It's a perfect place to get a wider and better view of the surrounding, and the best place to find a person among the sea of people.

I have no idea what Nathan, nor Kai, and Lost are doing, as I was still vigilantly scrutinizing each and every person that comes and goes.

'Will it happen today? What if the future had changed because I did too?'

That's just silly... I mean, I don't remember doing anything major to manipulate the timeline, except for adopting Kai. That won't change the course, would it?

Kai doesn't play a big role in the novel so I thought it would be fine...

'Maybe it won't happen right now? Hmmm...'

"Nadia, do you want to buy anything?" Nathan

I looked around again before turning my attention back to him.