Chapter 86 - She Mad

"So, how are you and Conrad?" I asked out of the blue.

I looked at her expectantly, waiting to see her reaction. I was honestly curious about that, ever since graduation day. They were not acting like the usual, which is rather different from what I was used to seeing. I waited until we were in that cafe but nothing happened.

Gwen stopped lifting her teacup upon hearing my question.

"We're fine," was her answer and continued what she was about to do.

One of my brows lifted, "That's it?"

It wasn't what I had in mind.

This is really strange.. Before, Gwen would instantly blush upon hearing her fiance's name. Then she would start acting like a shy maiden and castigate me. Most of the time she would pout and call me a meanie for teasing her.

She's not doing any of that at all right now...

We were out here in the garden having tea, just as we used to do all the time. I got surprised by Erin waking me up from my deep slumber, telling me that the two had arrived without prior notice.

It's not that it's early in the morning, it was actually already close to noon. Yes, I am still in bed and snoring. As I've said, there are a lot of things in my mind lately. This is why I couldn't sleep early even if I wanted to and had been waking up late.

I kept trying to think of the future. The very murky future.

Bea knowingly glanced at Gwen for a second, and I saw it. This made me curious as to why she did that. After all, Conrad is her older brother.

'Does she know something?'

"What else?" Gwen snapped at me.

I blinked at her in a mixture of shock and amazement.

Did she just snap at me? Wow... I never knew that there would be a day that she'll get so worked up like this.

"Are you two having a lover's quarrel?" I teased, wanting to ease up the mood.

"There's nothing like that. We're fine as we are," she answered in an indifferent tone.

Bea silently sipped her tea and said nothing, even after I looked at her with questions all over my face.

'Why is she being like this?'

"Are both of you still not in speaking terms? It's been three years already! Shouldn't it--" I got cut off.

"What do you know? You are always acting as if you know everything, but you don't."

'Wha--'

I definitely shut my mouth after that and was just looking at her like she grew another head.

'What does she mean by that? What the hell just happened?'

"Excuse me?"

Can you guys tell me what is going on right now, and why did she say that all of a sudden? I wasn't even sure if I was offended or not, I'm just shocked.

"You kept doing that, asking about us, teasing me all the time. It's getting really old," Gwen added some more.

She had sounded so angry that it made me shut up yet again. I was bewildered. One thing, we were light-heartedly talking about rainbows and stuff, and then she got like this after a question from me.

I don't get it...

Gwen sighed as an uncomfortable silence pervaded the atmosphere. No one was talking, nor moving.