Chapter 93 - Investigation Pt. 3

Next day afternoon, Uno was already waiting outside with a carriage and was ready to set sail. He's a quick and efficient one, I'd give him that.

George had asked where I was heading to, and as a liar like me, I told him that we're only going to the Capital.

It's kind of true in a way because the mercenary guild is in there, so it's not a lie at all.

I just omitted the fact that we are going to contact mercenaries. Fufufufu~

Uno still looked like he wanted to say something that could change my mind. One look from me and he folds though...

'Come on Uno, you won't easily coerce me into not going, unless you would threaten me or something. Which you cannot do anyway, so hehehe~.'

And I have pocketed a knife with me just to be sure, therefore he shouldn't worry that much..

This is Uno we are talking about, I'm sure he won't bring me to some shady place...

The carriage sped away and we were now on our way to the Capital with only the two of us. Erin wanted to go but I don't trust her mouth sometimes, so I chose not to. However much she pleaded with me with puppy eyes.

I can't be too sure that she would not blabber the truth while she's lost in her storytelling. That would certainly bring me trouble...

We stopped by in front of some nice looking shop, which was a little surprising. I saw people going to and fro and wondered why.

'Don't mercenary guilds supposed to look inconspicuous?'

"Are you sure we are in the right place?" I asked Uno for confirmation.

He just nodded solemnly, "Yes, milady."

Well, if you say so, Uno.

We got inside and what greeted me was a completely different scenery. It was a textile shop, judging from the fabrics at the back that lined the whole shelves.

I looked around to survey at first, taking in everyone's appearances. There were two women at the counter, and from the far left were a man who was engaged in a conversation with another customer. The customer looked normal to me, and so are the others.

There were more people but they didn't strike me as informants or assassins.

That's pretty good though? They are camouflaging themselves as normal citizens. No one would suspect that they are contracted men...

That man who was holding a tape measure could be a secret ninja for all I know...

"Good Afternoon, how can we help you My Lady?" Said the other woman with a welcoming smile. She looked pretty with her hair tied into a bun.

I went to the counter with Uno behind me, who was looking alert and stiff. As if he would spring into action as soon as a slight deviation would appear.

This man is truly dedicated to his work.

I returned her smile with my own.

"I would like to place an order," I stated in a roundabout way.

"Ah yes. Would you perhaps have a material in mind?" She answered and brought out some kind of a mini divider with some pieces of different fabrics inside-- "We have silks, satins, cottons--"

"No, I would like a different one. A special kind," I cut her off, adding the last sentence in a low voice.

The woman blinked as if she didn't get it but I still looked unmoved and stoic, staring at her in expectation.