Chapter 94 - Investigation Pt. 4

"Now can you all shut up and listen? Or is this guild for a bunch of gossipers and not mercenaries?" Nadia hissed with eyes full of disdain.

Of course, those who heard it immediately reacted. They all have frowns in their faces as they gazed at the snobby woman who slighted them just now.

"H-hey! Why are you saying that--" the blonde-haired guy spluttered at the side but got his words cut off when Elric reprimanded him with his eyes.

The rowdy man, on the other hand, was not pleased. His entire body stiffened from the insult, and glared at her.

"This damn-- We are mercenaries!" He rebuked.

"Then act like one." Nadia countered straight in his face.

.

He suddenly felt like his blood was rushing on his head and stood up, his fists clenching on his sides.

"You!"

"Shun," the round glasses guy warned. His eyes were giving him a warning, therefore stopping him from his outburst.

He then turned to Nadia, calm and composed, the total opposite of the others who were on edge-- "I apologize for the inconvenience, Miss."

"Mmm," was her only response.

She couldn't care less at all. She just wanted to wrap this whole thing up and leave. Even if the room was big enough for all of them, she still felt suffocated.

And one more thing she hated aside from the stuffy atmosphere, is the way these men talked to her. They are clearly looking down at her for being a woman and it's only making her more irritated.

She also knows that she shouldn't have bad mouthed them in their own turf, but she could not just stand there and take their insults either.

Nadia was long fed up from the sexist views of most men in the empire.

"Everyone here is the best in what they do. Let me introduce you to them." The guy named Elric said, after a short silence that pervaded the whole room.

Nadia only glanced at him in acknowledgement and the latter took it as a yes.

"I am Elric, and beside me is Roy."

"Hello", the blonde-haired lad voiced out.

Elric then gestured to the rest.

"That one is Shun, Seis, and Oli," and referred to them respectively-- "The woman at the back would be Eve."

Shun glanced at Nadia and clicked his tongue.

"Tch."

Roy then cleared his throat, "What do the young miss wants us to do?"

"I hope it's certainly not about beating up runts you despise, Miss." Shun commented while trying to appear bigger. It made him look arrogant and annoying to Nadia's eyes.

"Shun!" Oli, the third one from earlier, hushed him down.

He had seen the woman's sharp glares and had instantly acted to shut his buddy up.

Nadia, on the other hand, ignored his retort.

She has no time to take on his childish jibes.

"I only want information about a certain individual. A detailed one."

"Can't your men take care of that?" Seis, the sharp-eyed man, remarked.

"Oh, they can. But what I want is the efficiency of mercenaries," Nadia replied.