Chapter SEVEN

Cole

I woke up to the worst fucking headache one could ever imagine. I was really starting to regret going to that party.

I looked at my alarm clock and it was already 10:30 in the morning. On a normal day i would be panicking but seeing as it's a weekend, i just sighed.

Sitting up on the bed as it dipped alittle from my weight. I got up from the bed and went to the bathroom for a shower a little hazy from what happened last night.

Well not that hazy. After about 20 minutes i got out from the shower and went to the sink to brush my teeth. When i was done i stared at my reflection in the mirror and my face flushed a little shade of pink when I remembered what happened between me and Jayson.

Curse my porcelain skin.

I got out of the bathroom and put on a black shirt and grey sweatpants. I went downstairs to have breakfast when I saw my mom glaring at my dad like she was going to end him.

"Uhm, good morning". I said grabbing the plate of pancakes on the table while taking a sit on one of the stools.

"Good morning love, how was your night?". My mom asked with a smile on her face, and with the way she was still looking at my dad it was creepy.

The smile was creepy.

"Good". Taking another bit of my pancake. "What's going on here?". I asked.

My mother walked over to the couch before she plunged down on it crossing her arms over her chest. "Well why don't you ask you father why he came back home at 4am". She demanded.
" I swear to God Harry if you went to that bar I-".

"I already told you i didn't, i was called out for an important meeting and i had to stay late". My dad cut her off before she could finish the sentence. He was lying, well half lying. He went for the meeting but also went to the bar.

I shook my head eating the last pancake from my plate. This man i told him whenever he was going to the bar he should give me a heads up so i could help him out. I sighed sitting back and enjoying the show.

"Oh really!". My mom got up from the couch slightly raising her voice now.
"A meeting Harry, ok then who was at the meeting". She nodded grabbing his phone from the center table and went to his contacts.

My dad mumbled something under his breath putting his hands in his pockets.

"Speak up". She demanded.

Now I had a glass of apple juice by my side and a bowl of popcorn in my hands because the tea was hot.

"Bruce". He blurted out.

"There are three Bruce's on your contact which one?". She urged.

"The second". He sighed leaning against the wall giving me a knowing look, i just pressed my lips against each other trying not to laugh while he glared at me.

My mom handed my dad the phone. "It's on speaker". She said walking back to the couch maintaining her previous position.

"Hey Bruce, what's up?". My dad chimed going over to the couch and sat opposite my mom.
There was a pause before the man on the other line spoke.

"Harry, I'm good you?".

"Yeah I'm good too, so i was wondering if you could explain to Becky that i was at the meeting last night with you and not out at a bar singing". My dad said as he narrowed his eyes at my mom while she just scoffed.

"Of course put her on the phone".

"It's on speaker Bruce". She said.

"Oh good morning Becky".

"It almost was".

"Well I'll have you know that there was an urgent meeting last night and yes Harry and I were there".

My dad smiled at my mom and mouthed . "see".

Now i had a bag of chirps in my hand , sure it's a weird breakfast but the tea.
My mom stood up from the couch and took the phone from my dad's hands.

"Bruce what time did the meeting end?". The question seemed to send a shock wave through my dad and Bruce on the other hand went mute.

I sniggered almost choking on the chips. Both my parents turned to face me and i just pressed my lips against each other.

"Uhm sorry the chips are too spicy". I muttered.

She turned her attention back to the phone .

"Well Bruce, I'm waiting ". She urged.

"3:30, 3:30am. That's when the meeting ended". My dad let out a breath before taking the phone from my mom's hand.

"Thank you Bruce, bye". He hung up and folded his arms across his chest.

"See, your trust issues are skyrocketing these days". He chuckled

My mom narrowed her eyes at my dad and moved closer to him.

"If i find out you still go to that bar, you're going to regret it". She threatened, marching upstairs in a fit of fury.
I got off the stool and approached my dad.

"You know you should really be giving me a heads up when you go to the bar, it'll be easier for the both of us". I stated.

"Yeah sorry about that i really did go to the meeting, the bar was last minute i guess ". He replied shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Well don't make mom last minute this marriage, you know how much she hates you at the karaoke bar". I added.

"Sure thing dad". He teased walking passed me.

"Oh and good job with not getting the car dirty or scratched. He said walking up the stairs.

The car?

I don't even remember driving home last night. I thought to myself.

Right it was Jayson, but how did he get the car back tho. Then i remembered his shirt and ran to the laundry room. I got it out and it was all clean.

I guess i should return this today.

It's been a month since I last went over to his place when we stopped talking to each other, i wonder if i can.

I sighed frustratedly going back up to put on a jacket and ran back downstairs.

"Mom, dad I'm going over to Jayson's". I yelled before running out the door. His house was about 30 minutes from mine so that will be enough time to figure out what to say when I get there.

A/N: Hey guys sorry for the delay i rewrote this chapter like 5 times before finalizing this oneಠ︵ಠ

Also thanks for 300+ reads
༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ