42

I got a job

I got a job. My dream job in fact. I finally made it to the big stages, I'm officially a pole dancer.

I'm lying but maybe if I keep manifesting it'll come true.

I did get a job though, but unfortunately it wasn't something fun and adventurous like a pole dancer. It was just at some random restaurant downtown that were highly unemployed. Today was my first day working and me being me, I'll try being the best waitress that I can be.

"Hi! What can I get for you? Would you like to hear our menu special?!" I said cheerfully to Heath as he sat in the kitchen. I made him sit down so that I could practice.

Practice makes perfect or whatever so that's what I'll do. I have some experience with waitressing since I do have little sisters and we'd play restaurant together. So I'm hoping that will come in handy but other than that I'm relying on my socializing skills.

"Not really." Heath goes off script and takes a swing of his beer.

He's been acting a little moody all week for some reason, I think part of it could be because he didn't necessarily want me to get a job. Because he didn't want me to work and thinks I won't spend time with him anymore.

Which is silly because I'm planning on moving in with him. My dad isn't too fond of the idea of me moving in with a man but he'll accept it soon enough. Plus I'm an independent woman now, I think I can take responsibility and get a job.

I've been holding back on getting a job for some time now, I think it's time for me to just act like an adult.

"You're line was supposed to be sure, I'd love to! Try it again." I tell him and walk back to the entrance to practice walking in.

I already had my cute little uniform on, the whole outfit was black, black t-shirt, black small shorts and an apron. Plus the little notepad I'd get once I got there. I'm excited for this, I've always wanted to get a job but I'm lazy.

I walk back into the kitchen and pretend to hold my notebook and pen in my hand as I approached Heath.

"Hello, sir. What can I get for you? Would you like to hear our menus special for today? " I ask him once again, from the top.

"Sure." He grumbles with narrowed eyes. His hair fell messily because of all the hair ruffles I'd given him today.

He was looking extra handsome today, he's put on that dangly earring on his left ear that he hasn't put on in a while. His muscular biceps were flexing and practically bulging out in that tight white shirt he wore. He would look one hundred times better with a smile on his face.

"Todays special is Mac and cheese, can I serve you a plate?" I wink, or attempt to wink right after I make that up.

"New situation. Pretend I'm some other random girl. Tryna be your side chick what would you do, ready?" I turn my back to him and then turn back around to start my act.