[ 017 ] ❝ popcorn catching at the olympics ❞

With qualifying fast approaching, Lucía sought out Lily who was somewhere in the Williams Hospitality

With qualifying fast approaching, Lucía sought out Lily who was somewhere in the Williams Hospitality. She and the professional golfer had grown closer in the past few weekends, sharing texts and face calls back and forth, making plans to get together sometime soon. The idea of a double date was appealing to both of them and Charles and Alex were close mates and so they knew they'd have a blast doing something just the four of them. Perhaps even golfing or a game of tennis doubles. She had yet to meet all of the Formula One Wags however the girls she had met so far were all lovely and insanely gorgeous women. However, Lily in particular was who Lucía naturally gravitated towards. Maybe it was because both girls played a sport of their own but whatever the reason, Lucía could see herself and the golfer becoming close friends. 

The William's staff let her in after she announced she was meeting Lily, who they all knew. Her passes gave away that she was a guest of Ferrari and some staff recognised her from tennis. She was even stopped by an English content creator who asked for a quick selfie. 

"Get in loser... we're watching quali," She snuck up behind Lily who was sat at a table, the screen on the wall showing the Sky Sports qualifying build up. 

"Lu, hi-" Lily squealed as she stood up to bring her in for a hug. "I love your hair-" She complemented the tennis player, grinning madly.

"And you look as stunning as always." Greetings over and done, the two sat down and immediately burst into the latest gossip that was travelling around the paddock. Lucía being one of said topics.

"Have you seen Instagram lately?" Lily gaped at her.

"I try not to look," She laughed nervously.

"It's not too bad. Just a screenshot from Kelly's video." Lily shrugged, trying to make Lucía less anxious.

"The thing is we don't care if people know, but- I just can't be arsed with all the jealous DM's that follow through with officially announcing we're together." Lu explained.

"I get you, it can be tough, but eventually you either grow to ignore them or they begin to grow bored." Lily smiled softly, sticking her hand in the bag of sweet and salted popcorn the two of them were sharing. She threw one at Lu who caught it in her mouth, quietly cheering.

"I feel bad for the other Lu. Lando's girlfriend. She's so lovely but I've seen the hate she gets." Lucía tilted her head to the side. 

"I haven't had the chance to meet her yet, but she's gorgeous." Lily threw some more up in the air to catch them herself, being unsuccessful.

"And Kelly- god, I don't understand the hate, honestly." Lucía had witnessed the posts on social media appear on her feed. Due to being the new rumoured f1 wag, a lot of the other girls fan accounts showed up as suggestions, and sometimes the comments were horrible. Jealousy is never a good look. It scared her, knowing that the hate she already received might be doubled if she were to promulgate the rumours. Hate was apart of any sports person's life. It was guaranteed. She couldn't think of a single person in sports who received no hate. She was sure that someone, somewhere, somehow, sends hate to N'Golo Kanté. And what's not to love about the French footballer.