fourty-one

fourty-one, what goes around comes around

a couple of weeks had passed since the met gala and elsie was missing austin more than she liked to admit.

although the two had talked everyday, it wasn't the same. she wanted to be able to hold him in her arms and sing her songs to him.

it also didn't help that jackie and andrew were constantly in the apartment being cozy on the couch while watching harry potter when elsie's boyfriend was on the other side of the country.

which is why elsie had asked the two if she could have the apartment to herself to finish the remaining songs left on her album.

"are you sure you don't want to come with us? i could help you with your songs." jackie told her sister as she and andrew stood near the door of the girls apartment.

"i really need to finish this album before the end of this month, jackie. i only have two left and it's racking my brain that i can't finish them yet. besides, third wheeling with my sister and her boyfriend isn't my ideal thursday night." elsie remarked.

"i'll try not to take offense to that." andrew remarked causing elsie to roll her eyes at his dramatics.

"but you never third wheel with us." jackie told her with a frown.

"really? the two of you were cuddling on the couch the other night while i was sitting uncomfortably next to you with the little space you left for me." elsie deadpanned.

"okay but i promise you won't third wheel tonight! zendaya and tom are coming with us." jackie tried to convince her sister to join them.

"yeah, i'll pass. you have fun on your guys' double date. i promise i'll be fine." elsie reassured the two with a kind smile.

"okay, i want to hear your new song by the time we come back." jackie told her sister as she pointed a finger at her.

"yes ma'am." elsie saluted before she watched as andrew and her sister left the apartment, leaving her alone.

"when no one is around, my dear. you'll find me on my tallest tiptoes, spinning in my highest heels, love. shining just for you." elsie sang as she strummed the strings of her guitar.

"i know they said the end is near." elsie whispered as she wrote it down in her journal.

"but i'm still on my tallest tiptoes, spinning in my highest heels, love. shining just for you." elsie sang as a smile appeared on her face.

elsie hadn't told austin about the songs she had written specifically for him but she hoped that when she was able to travel to los angeles to visit him, she'll be able to play the songs for him.

"and they call off the circus, burned the disco down. when they sent home the horses and the rodeo clowns. i'm still on that tightrope, i'm still trying everything to get you laughing at me."

"i'm still a believer but i don't know why. i've never been a natural, all i do is try, try, try. i'm still on that trapeze, i'm still trying everything to keep looking at me."

as elsie finished writing down the last lyric of her song, she heard her phone ringing causing the girl to sigh in frustration.

as she picked up her phone, a smile appeared on her face once she read the name on her screen.

"hi rob!" elsie exclaimed excitedly.

"hi baby." austin smiled as he pressed his phone close to his ear.

"what were you up to today?" elsie asked as she placed her pen on top of the page she was currently on.

"i visited ashley and her daughter this afternoon." he informed her.