Nezuko x Reader

It was one of those few times the two of them got to spend time with each other alone.  Between the missions and journeys, danger brought them together but never to rest. 

Sitting in a field a demon and a human sat under a blue sky dappled with the occasional clouds.  A soft breeze carried the smell of flowers in full bloom.  They came in various shades of soft pinks, bright blues, beautiful yellows and muted purples all ready to be picked. 

The two figures sat across from each other in comfortable silence.  Only one was capable of talking while the other was muzzled but he had learned to endure the lack of verbal communication.  Many things went unsaid but everything was understood between them. 

Growing up together, they knew each other well even through unexpected tragedies.  A lot has occurred between them.  Both losing family, both set out to vanquish demons, one alive and the other undead.  The unlikely pair didn't mind the contrast however.  They were willing to protect each other at all costs and have proved their dedication to one another many times before. 

The demon picked different flowers of blues and purples, setting them aside in a neat pile.  The human watched her curiously.  Once a full pile had been collected she began to weave and tie the flowers together.  Curiosity evolved into admiration as the demon's intentions became clear to the boy.  She was in complete focus, bending the stems of the flowers into a circle. 

When she was finished she presented the finished product to him, victory clear in her pale pink eyes.  She moved closer to the human, gently placing the flower crown on his head.  She sat back and watched for his reaction.  The human smiled widely at the gesture before beginning to pick some flowers himself. 

He knew that the demon liked pink and set about targeting those ones in particular.  He set to work attempting to copy the demon's movements in weaving the flowers together carefully to not snap them.  Taking a little longer he held up their own newly finished crown and gestured for the girl to move closer.  She sat forward eagerly as the flowers were placed on her head. 

Her eyes smiled and she threw her arms around the other, taking him by surprise.  The human hugged back just as lovingly, arms intertwined around each other in protection. 

Gently the demon bumped her head against the other's shoulder affectionately.  A soft chuckle sounded from the action as they cuddled closer.  Both hearts were beating quickly but neither pulled from the other. 

They might not say it out loud but they loved each other and they were determined to let their actions show it.  He was going to find a way to turn the demon back into a human again one day.  The human would stop at nothing to bring Nezuko back to humanity with him.  He swore he would do whatever it took to save her.