II- twenty

Natalia guided the group through the forest and back to her cave. She knew she had to tell Soren and Irina what was happening, no matter how much Murphy complained about stopping. "Murphy shut the hell up! We're going after them. Soren and Irina are their people too. We're telling them!" Nat shouted, aiming a dagger in Murphy's face. He lifted up his hands, letting her walk into the dimly lit cave. But when she walked in, it was like a tornado had ripped through it.

Blankets were strewn in every which way. Furniture Ivar had given her was broken, some knocked over. Some in pieces. "Oh my god..." Finn mumbled, the group following in behind her.

"What the hell happened?!" Bellamy exclaimed, looking at Natalia's angry face. Then it hit her. Irina and Soren weren't where they were when she left them. She ran down the passageway, into her bedroom, to see if they had gone in there.

They hadn't. She looked for any sign they had just taken a walk or gone to the river for water. But that was hopeful thinking. And Natalia wasn't filled with much of it these days. She walked back out, holding a silver canister that certainly wasn't there before.

"Someone took them. They're gone."

_

"Alright, Murphy. Where to now?" Natalia followed the group on Calida as she listened to Murphy guiding them to the grounder camp. Nat wanted more than anything to find her people now. She had lost Clarke, jasper, and all of her friends. Octavia was god knows where with Lincoln. And now Irina and Soren were missing. The two people who kept her sane when they had first touched the ground.

Murphy talking about directions snapped her back into reality. She had known where a few camps were from her time with Ivar but she hadn't known the one he was talking about.

"What do you say we lose these first, huh?" Murphy lifted his arms, gesturing for Bellamy to take off the restraints.

"No, again," Bellamy answered quickly, Finn looked back, wanting to see the growing argument everyone knew murphy would make.

"Hey, if we get attacked I have nothing to defend myself with."

"I don't care." Bellamy snapped back, looking past murphy's head to me before Finn walked in between them. He cut the zip tie, making Natalia jump down. "What the hell are you doing?!"

He ignored her, hitting her shoulder as he walked on.

"Thank you," Murphy said, smirking.

The redhead scoffed, "Don't get cocky, Murphy."

She walked beside Monroe, leading Calida through the thick forest. Murphy walked past Bellamy, making a comment she couldn't hear. But she knew it was his usual shit by the way Bellamy pushed him forward forcefully.

The group treaded through the forest a little longer, listening as Murphy hummed to a song in his head. Nat finally got annoyed, flicking him in the neck.

"Hey!" He shouted, looking back at her.

"Shut up and stop humming. One your annoying me and two, you'll attract unwanted attention."

He rolled his eyes, "You sound like Clarke." She flicked him again, making him turn around, glaring at her. "Call me my sisters name again and I will beat you until you want to go back to the grounder camp."

"Okay, knock it off." Bellamy scolded, pushing Murphy away from her. "Let's keep walking." He stared at Nat, watching as she moved past them, leading Calida with her.

_

"Get down! Get down!" Murphy shouted, pushing Bellamy down. Natalia kneeled, holding Calida behind a tree. "This is it." We looked at the camp. Greenery was growing over the metal entrance,  grounders moving around inside.

"Told you I'd find it." Murphy looked to Bellamy.

"Shut up, Murphy." Bellamy and Nat both spoke at the same time, looking at each other. She ripped her gaze from him, still not wanting to talk to him. He pulled up his gun, looking through the optic mount. "I see nothing but grounders." Finn took Sterling's gun, looking where Bellamy was.

"Our people aren't here," Bellamy spoke, lowering the rifle.

"Then let's move. They aren't here. We can look-"

"Wait a minute." Finn interrupted. "They've got stuff from our dropship."

Nat grasped Bellamy's rifle, ignoring how his fingers touched her hand. She missed his touch. But she couldn't focus on that now. She had to find her sister. They had to find their people. "Maybe they know where our friends are."

"Or maybe they killed them."

She scoffed at Finn, "What happened to your grounder-loving campaign?" He looked at her, his glare not softening. "That ended when your sister went missing." Everyone went silent, only breathing could be heard as birds chirped around them. "Don't remind me," She mumbled, pushing Bellamy's rifle back into his chest.

"Son of a bitch!" Finn whispered, looking at the grounders.

"What is it?" Bellamy questioned, all of us not seeing what Finn was.

The guy with the one eye." They all looked a little closer, seeing him hold something up. "What is that?" Nat whispered. "Around his neck!"

She looked, seeing what it was. Clarke's watch. The watch their dad gave her.

"What am I looking at?" Bellamy asked, catching Finn's attention. "He's got Clarke's watch." He answered, looking back to the one-eyed grounder, "It was her fathers-"

"It was our father's." Natalia interrupted, "She wouldn't give it up without a fight."

Finn looked at her before turning back to the rifle, "Neither will we."

They looked a little longer before Bellamy broke the silence, "Okay," He tapped Finn's shoulder, "You're with me. You three stay here and-"

"Like hell, I'm not staying here," Nat whispered. She could see Bellamy wanting to roll his eyes. But instead, he nodded. He actually agreed with her. is the world ending? Well, again. She thought.

"if this thing goes south, you take the other grounders," He looked at Monroe and Sterling. "But don't shoot the grounder with the watch, copy?" They all nodded, repeating they understood.

"Copy, what about Murphy?" Monroe asked, looking to Bellamy.

"Yeah," he turned his head, "Do I get a gun now?"

Bellamy nodded, "Something like that." He pulled Murphy up as Nat followed. Before she trailed behind them, she handed Calida's reins to Monroe, "take care of her. If she starts to make noises hand her some grass. She'll eat it and get quiet." Monroe nodded as she caught up to the group. feeling a hand on her back, she flinched but then relaxed as she saw it was Bellamy. "What?"

"Go in front. I'll cover your back." She nodded hesitantly, "O-okay." His hand felt warm on her skin as his palm touched her back. His gaze held her's for a second. But only a second before he gestured to Finn and Murphy, making her move on. "Here." Bellamy handed murphy two rocks.

"What am I supposed to do with these?" He questioned. Bellamy smirked, "Your bait."

Murphy clacked the two rocks together. She looked through the rifle that Sterling had passed her.

They had gotten the one-eyed grounder's attention.

_

This book is finally off hold!! I'm glad I finally have enough time to work on it and move it along. I have some new motivation and ideas.

If any of you read my other book, "Soulmate." then you'll see I redid each chapter's character board on there as I did here also. which is why they were all 'republished.'

Also, I finally put face claims to Irina and Soren. I was obsessed with "The fifth wave." As a kid and thought it was the perfect apocalyptic couple. obviously, you have the right to imagine them how you do, it's just how I see it when I'm writing.