𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

A JASON CARVER REVENGE MISSION

☀︎

ARRIVING AT WAR ZONE, THE GROUP OF TEENS FOUND THEMSELVES STICKING OUT AS SORE THUMBS IN A STORE THEY NORMALLY WOULD NOT FIND THEMSELVES IN. Erica Sinclair took lead in the charge of guiding the group inside. She was fearless, ready to face any of the angry hicks that Eddie Munson advised them to watch out for. As far as she was concerned, this was a war against a monster— Henry Creel, not the people of Hawkins that stood in her way.

Fanning out, each one of the group held tight to a piece of paper that Nancy Wheeler passed around the moment they arrived. Each one had a list of items she was certain they would need for the journey ahead. With her own personal list in mind, Alex made a beeline for the racks of clothing that seemed to favor camouflage.

Looking down at her attire, Alex was not too impressed with the mess she found herself in. Her jeans stuck a little too tightly to her skin and were just damp enough to make her unable to stand still. Of course, the shoes on her feet were far too big being Eddie Munson's. The only thing that truly felt right to have was the Metallica shirt that draped nicely over her, oversized and incredibly comfortable.

Sighing through her nose, she bit the inside of her cheek as she scanned over the racks of jeans until coming to her side, Robin gave the same facial expression. "Does everything have to be camo?" Robin questioned as she reached out for a pair before letting them slip through her fingers.

"Maybe Vecna won't see us coming then," Alex said through a forced laugh. It was a far-fetched idea, to say the least. Whether or not they wore camouflage, he was expecting an up-and-coming fight. Knowing better than to ever utter her worries aloud, Alex took the first pair she spotted in her size and managed a small smile. "I'm gonna go try these on and see if I somehow disappear. Maybe it'll be enough to get him out of my head."

Alex's back turned to Robin as she ventured off to find a changing room. Reaching out for her, Robin's attempts were weak and her voice was small as she called her name to hopefully return. Through the joking, Robin could tell it was a mask to hide away her pain. For anyone else, they would have easily turned their eyes, oblivious to the truth of how Alex Henderson felt— all but Robin Buckley. It was as plain as day and yet she chose not to follow, not to press. No amount of time would heal the wounds Alex possessed and no amount of words would change what had come and what was to come. Even if it pained her to let her go off on her own, Robin knew their time would come.

It was easy for Alex to create this whole façade. The moment her back was turned to Robin, she clutched the jeans to her chest and her smile faded back into the fearful frown that started to feel at home upon her lips. Making a beeline straight for the dressing rooms, Alex allowed herself to take that moment for herself to search for another breath of air.

Staring at the curtained dressing rooms, she paused contemplating whether it was even worth it. Privacy was what she craved however, anyone could have stumbled in with careless behavior. Willing to take the chance, she extended a hand out, pulling the curtain back, and brought herself inside, finally finding that reason to fill her lungs with air once more as she shut the curtain behind her.