Kreature

Appearing in the dark and eerie home of Grimmauld place was just as I remembered it, but instead of the laughter that was once heard as the order, along with the Weasley children occupied the home, it was now silent which made it even more creepy. I let out a sigh and dusted off the soot before looking around, my eyebrows borrowing when a crash was heard from the kitchen. I grabbed my wand, holding it out in front of me before quietly making my way towards the sound.

"What is Kreature going to do? Master blood traitor dead, no one for Kreature to serve" I lowered my wand slightly as I heard to distress voice of the Black family elf.

"Kreature?" I called out as I entered the kitchen, making him whip around with wide eyes.

"Master Blood traitors daughter" He snarled. I stopped myself from rolling my eyes, knowing there was no use in trying to correct him.

"Are you okay?" I asked in concern, making his hostile expression slip from his face as he tilted his head. For the first time since I met the elf, I saw how vulnerable he truly is.

"Kreature is alone now" He mumbled as he lowered his head. I let out a small sigh and kneeled in front of him, making Kreature look at me suspiciously.

"You aren't alone, Kreature. Sirius named me his heir-"

"You is my Mistress?" He asked with wide eyes, though I was shocked there wasn't any disgust or hatred as he said it.

"Yes, Kreature, if that's okay with you?" He remained silent for a few moments, his eyes burning into mine as if he was looking for something.

"Yes, Mistress will make the house of Black great again" Kreature sobbed as he nodded his head eagerly. Without a second thought, I wrapped my arms around the poor elf and though he froze for a moment, he soon relaxed in my embrace and continued to sob.

"It's okay Kreature, you're a good elf but I have a lot of plans for our family... Are you willing to help me?" I asked softly and pulled away, he nodded excitedly as tears continued to run down his cheeks.

"Thank you. The first thing I need you to do is bond with me, I know you're bonding with the Black family magic but you'll be more happy and healthy if you personally bonded with me"

"Oh, thank you, Mistress. Kreature be happy to bond with kind Mistress" I sent him a comforting smile before grabbing hold of his small and cold hands, closing my eyes as I pushed my magic out. The air around us thickened slightly and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up at the magic that flowed through me. A few moments later, the bonding was complete and when I opened my eyes, I gasped in shock. Kreature, who always looked old and downright horrible, was now much younger with smoother skin and happier grey eyes. The rags that he wore had transformed into more respectable attire with the Black family crest stitched on the breast.

"Take a look" I Accioed a mirror and handed it to him. His eyes grew wide in shock as he examined himself.

"Kreature is so happy, Mistress is too kind to Kreature. Kreature has been horrible to Mistress and Mistress' family and friends but Mistress still wants Kreature" The elf sobbed with his smooth grey hands over his face, his shoulders shaking as he cried.

"Now now, Kreature, no more crying. We are starting new and I have some tasks for you to do" He immediately stopped crying and looked up at me, his eyes showed excitement and eagerness.

"What can Kreature do for Mistress?"

"I need you to clean this home. We can't allow our family home to look horrible, can we?" He shook his head as he began to mumble under his breath.

"Make sure the colours aren't too dark but not too bright either, we want our home to look noble and not too ancient"

"Right away Mistress" Then he was gone with a silent pop, leaving me kneeling on the floor of the kitchen. It took me a few moments to build up the energy to remove myself from the cold floor, but when I did, I could feel my body protesting.

"I need a shower" I groaned and made my way up to my old room which was beside Sirius'. It took everything in me not to cry as tons of memories began to swarm my mind, the many nights Sirius and I stayed up late, talking about everything and anything we could think of. The nights I had a nightmare and was comforted by him as he told me stories of his time at Hogwarts with my parents and Moony. The days he would argue with the order because he knew that despite my age, I deserved to know everything that was happening because even if those around us didn't want to admit it, I was the only one who could have ended the war.

I shook away the thoughts, knowing nothing will change the fact that, once again, I was alone and without a family. I let out a sigh and stripped out of my filthy clothes, hissing as the fabric brushed against my open wounds. I looked in the mirror and cringed at how malnourished and sickly I looked, which wasn't surprising since I spent months without a proper meal and I had lost quite a lot of blood.

I stepped into the warm water which soothed my tense muscles, though it caused quite a bit of pain when it hit the open wounds. I spent the next hour relishing in the first warm shower I had been able to take before the water turned cold. I let out a tired sigh and stepped out of the shower, wrapping the towel around me before calling Kreature.

"How can Kreature help Mistress?"

"Could you please get me some of Sirius' night clothes, I'll have to go shopping in a few days" Kreature nodded his head before popping away, reappearing a few moments later with some chequered trousers and a baggy rock top. I thanked the elf before he once again, disappeared, allowing me to get dressed and fall into bed, snuggling under the covers in hopes to get some sort of sleep.

The next few hours were filled with me tossing and turning, the only comfort I got was the sound of Kreature moving from one room to another. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw the faces of those I killed and the bodies of my family and friends that lost their lives. After a while, I decided to call Kreature.

"Mistress?" Kreature approached slowly, an expression of concern as he saw the dark bags under my eyes.

"Can you get me some dreamless sleep potion please?"

"Kreature will get it right away" He popped away and returned with a beaker of purple potion, one that has been given to me many times throughout my time at Hogwarts when I was sent to the hospital wing.

"Thank you. Why don't you get something to eat and then get some sleep, you can start again tomorrow" Kreature's eyes grew wide in awe before bowing slightly and apparating away. I pulled out the cork and took a deep breath before gulping down the potion, the bitter taste making my face cringe in disgust. The effect was almost instantaneous, the drowsiness made my eyes droop closed and before I knew it, sleep overtook me.