Chapter 17 | lukas room

Unbeknownst to Adrien, Luka knew he was Cat Noir. So when Adrien showed up at his window in the middle of the night, he knew how he got there. Although he'd been debating on weather or not to tell him about wishmaker for a while now.

"It's so late, what's happened?" Luka asked, pushing the window up to let him in.

Adrien climbed in, still in his pyjamas and kind of cold from the night air.

"That akuma that just happened? Yeah... I got hit" Adrien replied.

Worry immediately filled Luka, he was woken by the noise from the akuma attack, but it wasn't close enough to him to know what was going on.

"What? Are you ok?" He asked, putting a hand on Adriens shoulder.

"Physically? Yeah. Emotionally? No... that Akuma transported you into your worst fears, I was stuck in that place for god knows how long being tormented by every one of the things I'm scared of" Adrien replied.

That sounded like psychological torture, being faced with every single one of your worst fears at once.

"I just... need a hug..." Adrien muttered.

Luka was happy to provide that hug, and wrapped Adrien up in his arms. Bringing him to sit in the bed together, he pulled the blanket over their legs to stay warm.

"Wanna talk about it? Or just hug?" Luka asked.

"I wouldn't even know where to start, it was so surreal. Even though I knew it was all fake, it looked so real and felt so real it still sent me into a panic. The way the rooms warped, the way the shadows looked at me even though they had no eyes. And that rope, it was so tight I thought I'd die..." Adrien muttered, emotions devoid.

Luka couldn't even imagine how terrifying that would be, he felt bad Adrien had to suffer that when he'd done nothing wrong. Luka knew that his home life wasn't the best because of his dad, and that the death of his mother shook him to the core. Something like this would only make healing harder, bringing up buried fears and memories is the last thing you want to do when trying to stay positive.

"Jesus... that sounds horrific..." Luka replied.

"It was... I can still feel them looking at me" Adrien replied, resting his head on Lukas shoulder.

The moment of intimacy and comfort made Luka think, maybe he should tell Adrien he knew... it was clear he needed support going forward with such an unstable environment, and the pressure of keeping Paris safe. And if it meant breaking ladybugs identity rules then so be it.

"Adrien... I have to admit something to you, please don't be mad..." Luka began.

"I doubt it'll be as bad at that akuma" Adrien replied.

"I... I know you're Cat Noir"

Adrien was silent a moment, taking those words in. He had no idea how Luka figured it out, and while he wasn't mad he was confused. He picked up his head and looked at Luka, perplexed.

"How did you-" he began.

"Wishmaker. I used second chance so no one else remembered it, but I did. I haven't told anyone, and I know ladybug wouldn't be happy is she found out I knew a heroes identity. But you deserve to know, and I wanna be there for you, hero and civilian" Luka replied.

Wishmaker... of course. That was one hell of an akuma attack. So many close calls and so many emotions were bought up regarding childhood dreams. But Adrien couldn't help but smile now he finally had someone that knew. And it was Luka of all people.

"I don't mind. Actually I'm glad someone finally knows, we can keep this between us. Man it actually feels like a weight of my chest now that SOMEONE knows and can cover for me when I need help..." Adrien sighed.

"And since you know I'm Viperion, we've got each others backs as heroes and civilians" Luka replied.

"That's good, I like that extra support. By the way, what was my childhood dream? I don't remember having one"

"It... uh, you said you wanted to be whatever your parents wanted you to be"

Adrien's smile dropped, the words that came from his own mouth while under the influence of an akuma made him even more upset with himself.

"Of course... something similar happened in my fear world. A shadowy version of my father tied puppet strings around my neck and choked me, like he was controlling me. Even as a kid he was controlling my emotions? Fuck, I really am a lost child" Adrien sighed.

"Hey, don't say that. Sure your father is, well... for lack of a better term, a piece of shit. But children are easy to control, don't beat your past self up for not knowing any better and letting him control you. But you're older now and almost 16, you've grown up and seen how harmful he is. You've learnt" Luka assured.

That was true, he shouldn't feel bad for being a victim. Children don't know any better than what their parents teach them, but as you grow up and see more of the world you can make your own viewpoints. His father my control his every move as Adrien, but he had his escape as Cat Noir. And he knew he was in a bad situation now, it wasn't pleasant to know but it made him understand things that happen to him better.

"You just have a way with words you know?" Adrien smiled.

Luka smiled back, pulling the blonde into a hug and flopping back into the pillows with him, the two lay beside each other, looking up at the bi flag on Lukas roof.

"You know... the world might not be allowed to know Adrien Agreste likes boys for safety. But there's nothing against Cat Noir liking boys" Luka commented.

"The LadyNoir shippers might have something to say about it, but who cares. It's my life, not theirs" Adrien replied.

"Exactly, wanna just let them figure it out?"

"Yeah, I wanna see the crazy news articles"

They hadn't been offical for long, but they'd been crushing for so long that it felt like they were already long term lovers. In truth, all the pent up yearning made them want to kiss for hours and whisper sweet nothings into each others ears. Maybe it was teenage hormones, maybe it was baby gay yearning, maybe it was a need for comfort. But they just wanted to spend time together for as long as the world would allow them.

"The other day... when we kissed..." Luka began.

"Yeah?" Adrien replied.

"You said we should do it again sometime"

"We should, like now"

That was the invite, and it didn't take more than a few second to be accepted. Their lips met, their souls intertwined. Another deeply passionate kiss was shared in that moment, months of yearning being let out.

They were both happy, content and calm in the moment. A feeling they'd been chasing for a long time.