78.

The next night, Tommy and Bella decided it was finally time to go to Arthur's and tell them about the pregnancy.

It was a difficult time, Arthur had just accepted the fact that he couldn't be the one to pull the bullet on Changretta.
That tradition was too risky this time.
It took some time, Linda finally got through to him.

Tommy stood by the window, smoking a cigarette in the bedroom, while Bella got dressed.
He's been more cautious around her, only smoking when he could blow it away from her. Since she told him she doesn't believe the smoke to be good for the baby and of course, he listened to her.

He watched as she started pulling a loose dress over her head. If he looked closely he could see her belly starting to grow.
But once the dress was down, it disappeared. Only confirming the fact that they had to tell the family, especially Charlie about the baby soon.

Smoothing out the dress, she looked over at Tommy. Only to find him already looking at her. "What?" She asked gently

He shrugged and put the cigarette out. "Nothing"

Choosing to move on, she looked over at Baby. Deciding that he could come to Arthur's as well, he would want to see Charlie too.

Charlie has still been staying with Linda. It made the most sense, it was the safest place for him, To stay there with his cousin. The Changretta are here for revenge but they made a pack, not too hurt any children. So he'll stay there, where he won't be caught in any line of fire.

Bella was excited to see her boy. She hasn't had the opportunity to since before she was in the hospital and she missed him greatly.
So as soon as she slipped her shoes on, she called Tommy and Baby to follow her as she hurried down the steps, ready to go next door.

"Slow down Peach, don't want you falling." Tommy called calmly walking towards her by the door.

She crossed her arms and pouted "I'm sorry, I just want to see him."

Tommy wrapped an arm around her waist, opening the door. He felt bad about keeping Charlie from her. The two of them need each other, but he won't keep them apart any longer.
He nodded "right, let's go see them."

Bella smiled and walked out, the other two close behind as she knocked on the door.

Arthur answered it, a little surprised to see Bella with a wide smile on her face. He didn't see many smiles recently.

"Arthur!" She called, wrapping her arms around his neck

He returned the hug, rubbing her back. "It's good to see you back on your feet, love. How're you feeling?"

Leaning her head back "much better....and Arthur, I want you to know you made the right choice about firing that bullet." She knew it was hard for him to do.

He pinched his lips together nodding "it was for the best."

"It'll be okay, Arthur. We all will be." Bella tried to reassure him.

Tommy stood on the street, wishing for them to move inside, but not wanting to interrupt their moment, but didn't like being out in the open for too long.

He whistled to Baby, "come boy, let's get inside."
This got the others attention as well.

"Right, Right. Straight ahead is the family room." Arthur announced stepping aside, nodding at his brother as he passed by walking close behind Bella.

When she entered the room, she saw Charlie sitting on the floor with Billy, playing with their trains. Linda was there as well and gave the girl a small wave.

As soon as Charlie saw who had joined them, his face perked up and he dropped the toy running over to her, wrapping his arms tightly around her.

"Easy Charlie, not too tight." Tommy spoke to his son, resting a hand on Bella's back. Getting nervous about the baby.

Bella smile at him "I'm alright." Then bent down to Charlie's height, pulling him in for a proper hug. "Hi darling, I've missed you."

Charlie used his little hands to play with her long hair "I've missed you too, Mummy. All better?"

She smiled and nodded "all better."

Just then Baby came from the hallway, tail wagging as he reached over to lick Charlie's face, causing him to laugh and wrap his arms around the dogs neck. "Hi Baby!" He cheered

Bella stood up and wrapped her arms around Tommy's right bicep. Arthur came into the room then too, taking a seat by Linda and Billy. Who watched with excitement at The boy and the pup.

Bella looked up at Tommy and he looked down. She gave him a nod, telling him now was a good time.

Tommy cleared his throat, getting the attention of the room. "There's something we'd like to share with you all"

Linda and Arthur looked up at them with a look of curiosity and worry. While Charlie waited patiently to hear what they have to say. Billy was too young to understand the question, as he continued to play with his toys, trying to get Baby's attention.

"What is it Tom?" Arthur asked getting impatient

Tommy nodded and looked at Bella quickly, she's glowing he thought,
"Right, well, we know that the timing is unorthodox, we didn't plan it this way...-"
He couldn't help the smile that grew on his face
"-but Bella is pregnant. About six weeks."

Bella smiled so big that it hurt, watching as Arthur and Linda's faces turned from worry to relief and joy.
Arthur stood up first, clapping his brother shoulder, then pulling Bella into a big hug. "That's going to be one tough baby!" He cheered, finally letting her go.

Once he backed away, Bella noticed Charlie standing off looking a little confused and shy.

Motioning him over with her hand and a smile, he came, looking up at her.
"You're going to be a big brother, Charlie."

Still looking a little confused, "boy or girl?" He asked.

Tommy smirked and squatted down, next to his son. "We don't know yet. Not until they get here."

Charlie nodded and slowly brought his hands up to her belly. "I hope it's a girl."

"Me too, Charlie." Tommy said to him and Bella smiled down at them.

It finally felt like their family was back together, and it was getting bigger.