Part 3

Sidharth snaps out of his memories. His face drenched in tears.

He looks at her arm it still had the bandage where he had pulled away the canola in fury. Sidharth felt guilty, her condition was melting him and he didn't want that. What have I done? Rigorous mystification rises in him, anger blazes in his eyes. He didn't know if he was angry on her or himself. He walks out of the room slamming the door shut behind him.
_________________________________________

Shehnaaz wakes up with a jerk at the bang of the door. She looks here and there in confusion. Then calms down. His particular enchanting perfume hits her senses.

'Sidharth was here!' it strikes her. 'he was here?' she sighs, then closes her eyes.

A pang rises in her arm taking her back in the past.

Flashbacks:-

Shehnaaz slowly opens her eyes. She realizes she is in the hospital. Her head still hurts. She cries, "Sidharth!"

There is no response. Its dark outside. The pain in her head thins and the memories start flashing in her mind.

"My baby!!!!..." Shehnaaz cries yet again and places her hand on her abdomen, she couldn't feel anything.

"My baby.... Sidharth!... our baby..." she whimpers hysterically, loud enough to create a havoc.

A nurse rushes in and tries calming her down. Shehnaaz starts in front of her,

"Please sister please tell me where he is? Is he okay? Please bring him to me. Just one. Please. Is he with Sidharth? He is with Sidharth right? But then why was he saying....." Shehnaaz stops lost somewhere but then rejects her thoughts.

"Where is he? Where is my baby? Where is Sidharth?' she yells.

The nurse pities her condition, this wasn't new for her. Many mothers found it hard to overcome the grief of losing their child especially the first one.

(And I face many patients like these back in hospital, but felt that pang more badly like a melted hot iron rod kept of wounds when I experienced it wid Sana)

"Ma'am you had a miscarriage, we have lost the baby..."

'Don't give me this bullshit... how can this happen? Where is he? Tell me? Tell mee.!" Shehnaaz screams frantically and then starts sobbing like a little girl.

"tell me or I will set this place on fire, tell me where he is? You guys have hidden him somewhere... Sidharth! Sidharth! Where are you? Look what these people are saying....they are saying he's gone..... noh nohh nooo! Shehnaaz yells and yells feverishly.

The doctor enter and order the nurse to prepare the injection. They forcefully inject her and she loses her consciousness. Shehnaaz was still pleading for her baby before black out.

The doctor sighs eyeing the nurse peculiarly.

"Did you call her husband?"

"Many times but after he left.... No he wouldn't pick our call."

"Tsk tsk tsk! All he thinks is that its her fault... oh so typical."

"Yeah poor she"

"like all other poor shez... come we have a patient in the other room...they have lost their two year old daughter."

They walk out of the room their faces emotionless.

Two weeks later Shehnaaz was discharged from the hospital. Sidharth somehow came to pick her but never did he open his mouth to say anything not even a glances towards her.
______________________________________