27. Laid Bare

Licht Eralith's POV

Did she just call that man master? I switched glances from Grandma to the man, waiting for someone to break this unusual silence and answer the numerous questions that were revolving in my head.

The man had an unusual air about him. Just from his get-go and his aura, not matter how carefree or lax he is acting, I can pretty much tell that he is not just a veteran fighter but also someone from a high stature in society. The tone at which he spoke before was testament of that. No matter how much one tries to hide it, one simply cannot change their habit of speaking, especially those of nobility and royalty. I have a fair share of those in both my lives.

"So he's one of those." He murmured with his sharp gaze fixated on me. Sparing a glance at Grandma, he resumed. "Darcassan, would you mind leaving us be?"

"Not at all master." Grandma replied before walking up to me and placing a hand on my shoulders. "All the answers you have been looking for will be answered by him. After that, it will be up to you on what choice you make."

With that said, she left the dimension using the medallion, leaving the two of us to our devices. Why did she say something like that? In the seventeen years that I have known her, she has never said something meaningless. Especially when she speaks with a serious face. Maybe not at the moment, but her words are definitely going to come of use in the distant future.

"So how should I address you?" The orange-haired man's voice broke me out of my thoughts. Getting up from his sitting position, he stood a considerable distance away from me, enough for our voices to be audible to one another. "As the prince of Elenoir, Licht Eralith or as the Leader of the Elf Tribe, Licht? Coz unlike your granny, I know your story."

"Whichever floats your boat." I answered. If he really is Grandma's mentor then him knowing about my reincarnation isn't something to be surprised about. "Rather, I am curious about who and what you are. Even if my eyes are telling me you are a human, it doesn't feel like you are one."

"I find this form more comfortable to converse with as of now." He casually responded. From his facial expression he seemed to have expected that from me. "As for who I am, my name is Mordain Asclepius from the land of Asuras, Epheotus. We Asuras are what you lessers call 'Deities'"

"The one that gave artifacts to the three races during the Beast Era?" I questioned, trying to keep my shock contained. 'Grandma's mentor is a deity? Then again what exactly are these deities?'

"Even though we are called deities, we are far from something grandeur like that." Mordain answered with a hint of disgust and remorse in his voice. "What I am about to tell you dates back to centuries ago and almost no one except your Grandma knows anything about it. This information will prove handy to you with what's about to come."

'What's about to come? What's that supposed to mean?' I wondered, this time unable to mask my surprise. Numerous questions flooded my mind but I had to remain calm and rational. Mordain has assured that he would be answering all of my questions, so I will just have to hold him to that.

"Despite how you all refer to us as Deities, we are far from Gods or rather we are far closer to you than you think." Mordain started. It almost felt similar to the lessons I was taught in the palace by the royal tutor. "In the land of Epheotus, there are eight races and each race is ruled by a clan that represents. It is obvious to say that the clan that represents their respective race is hailed as the strongest."

The races and their strongest are as follows:

Dragons - Indrath Clan

Basilisk - Vritra Clan