Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Kyan is awoken from a shrill shriek near the entrance to his quarters. He lets out a groan of annoyance as he moves to bury his head back into his silk pillow. He knows who that noise belongs to and really isn't in the mood for her antics this early in the morning already.

"Quit ignoring me!" Song Chin shouts, and Kyan can hear her footsteps making their way across the wooden floorboards of his home.

Kyan doesn't even have a moment to process what is happening before he has a hundred pound body straddling his own as one of the other pillows from his bed is wacking him in the back of the head.

"Would." Smack. "You." Smack. "Get." Smack. "Up." Each word that is spoken is followed by a wack in the back of the head from a pillow.

Kyan lets out another groan at the abuse from his best friend as he moves to push her off of him. "I'm getting up, I'm getting up," he assures her as he moves to take a sitting position on his bed.

Song Chin looks satisfied with herself as she takes a seat beside the male on his bed, patiently waiting for him to rub at his eyes and wake up a bit further. "So, have you heard any news on how our plan went?" She eventually asks the other male, obviously been waiting to ask this same question the whole time she was here.

Kyan lets out a groan at the reminder of the plan that they had made and how it hadn't worked at all in keeping him from having to marry some stranger from another village. Instead, it just made everything else about to become super awkward, since both of his parents now believed that the two of them are madly in love. When that is most-definitely not the case.

"My father came to see me yesterday. He said that regardless of how I felt towards you I had a duty to the family and must still marry a daughter from the Chen village," Kyan explains to the girl, giving her a small shrug as if the words aren't that big of a deal.

Song Chin lets out a loud sigh at the words, obviously disappointed that her plan hadn't worked like she thought it would. "I can't believe the plan failed." She says the words with a pout following them.

Kyan only laughs at the look as he turns to send his friend a teasing smile. "But don't worry you get to stay by my side as my personal maid no matter what," he tells the girl, with a wiggle of his eyebrows.

Song Chin only gasps at the words, moving to grab the pillow she had been assaulting him with again. "I would rather die than become your personal maid," she says dramatically as she threatens him with the pillow.

Kyan only bursts out into laughter as Song Chin only glares at him due to the sound. "Isn't being my personal maid at least better than becoming my wife?" He asks her after he calms down from his hysterics.

Song Chin only chucks the pillow at him, taking in his words. "At least as your wife I would have had a decent position in the village, now I'm not anything more than I have been," she admits to him with a small pout falling across her face.

Kyan only shakes his head at the girl. "I feel like if our plan would have worked out it would have been pretty awkward trying to pull off the 'fools in love' act," he says truthfully.

"It would be like Katniss and Peeta from The Hunger Games trying to pretend they're star crossed lovers from District 12, until they actually become star crossed lovers."  Kyan thinks to himself. "At least while leaving the last part out that is."