43.

Chapter 43:

New York City🗽

New York City🗽

Reagan Scott (May)

I'd never been to New York before and here I was for just a short period of time and already didn't want to leave. Everything moved so much faster here. It was definitely different from Houston but it had a-lot to offer. I was so thankful that my entry was chosen for the internship. I'd been putting everything I had into my designs. Just trying to solidify my next steps outside of Ryan. I appreciated my brother wholeheartedly, but with him creating his new family I didn't want him worrying about me.

"Raegan do you mind going down to the lobby and grabbing us some coffee? We have a few clients coming in today and we're definitely going to need the caffeine." Maddy said as she organized the racks of clothing for each client.

"Of course not. I'm here to help in anyway I can. I'll be quick so I can come back and help you finish this up before the ten o'clock appointment arrives." I said putting down my checklist and grabbing my purse as I headed toward the lobby.

Maddy and I were apart of the Vanity Fair crew helping to prep the models and artists who would be modeling in their upcoming Break Away Summer fashion show. There was a host of different designers who'd submitted their collections to be advertised. Then there were the models and specifics artists who'd been chosen to wear the items. This was their first time giving upcoming stylists their own show in New York to showcase and a lot of designers were taking advantage.

Vanity fair has chosen my designs and even let me know that they'd plan to use them in the shoe case. I felt important. Not to mention they'd put me up in a room at the Ritz Carlton in Manhattan for the length of my stay. A bitch was feeling like Sarah Jessica Parker with the mole and without the sex.

Once I'd made it to the lobby I made my way to the Starbucks that was located inside the hotel to place an order for Maddy and I. I wasn't a coffee girl but I'd sip a vanilla bean Frappe here and there. It was my go to.

Placing my order I waited for the barista to prepare it while turning my attention to look outside. It never ceased to amaze me how busy the people in this city were. I had to get use to the walking. My first car ride here was from the airport and it was the longest shortest distance ride I'd ever taken.

Grabbing my phone that was ringing in my purse I smiled as I answered upon seeing the name.

"House of beauty this is cutie." I said in sing sing voice.

"Rae bae come home we miss you." Myko said in a whiny voice into the phone.

"I miss y'all so much more." I said pouting.