The Night-Shifts

A/N

Hey guys, as you may have noticed this chapter is another original one. It's one of those one where it focuses more on the relationship between Cal and the characters.

If this sucks it's because I can be either very bad or very good at writing my own stuff.

So with that I hope you enjoy it and until next time my friends!

Cal let a groan escape his lips, as his eyes opened to the sight of Max sitting next to him with a hand on his shoulders, gently shaking him.

The redhead stopped shaking, seeing the boy had woken up, before speaking, "Hey Blue," She greeted the boy in a gentle whisper.

Cal glanced around at his surroundings as he noticed they were in the back seat of Steve's car, parked outside of the Wheeler household. Cal looked behind Max at the car window, noticing it was now night.

"Hey," Cal greeted back, "Ugh, how did we get here? Last I remember we were at the cemetery." Cal asked, still tired from his little nap, as he turned towards the redhead.

"Well after I came back from, you know, you passed out while holding onto me. We all thought something bad happened, but when we heard your snores we calmed down and decided to come back here." Max began to explain, "So Steve carried you to the car and when you were in, we drove back here." Max finished, Cal nodding his head at what Max said.

"So, where're the others?" he questioned.

"They're inside waiting for us." The redhead said.

"Wait, how long have you been waiting for me?" Cal asked

"Well, since we got here, about 30 minutes." Max told the boy.

Cal gave a small smile before it shifted into one of concern, "Hey, are you feeling okay, after... you know?" Cal softly asked the girl, not wanting to trigger anything bad from the girl.

Max's body quickly tensed before it relaxed, the girl letting out a shaky sigh, "I'll, I'll tell you later. Just not while we're sitting in the backseat of a car." Max told the boy, a smile creeping up on her face at the end.

Cal let out a little 'oh' as he remembered where they were, "Well, let's go and see the others then, shall we?" Cal suggested. Max nodded her head, opening the car door, as the two exited the car and made their way up to the front door of the Wheeler house.

They stood in front of the door, Cal about to knock, before Max opened the door for them.

Cal gave her a confused look before she explained, "They told me they'll leave it unlocked."

Cal gave her a nod as the two made their way inside, making their way to the basement.

The two opened the basement door and were met with Dustin and Lucas sitting on the couch while Steve, Nancy and Robin were standing, discussing something.

As they made their way down the stairs they noticed blankets had been set up on the floor, earning confused looks from Cal and Max.

The group heard the duo's footsteps as they turned to their direction.

"Hey, about time you two showed up." Steve said

"Yeah, uh, what's with the blankets?" Cal asked.

"We're going to stay here for the night." Lucas answered.

"Yep, to look after Max." Dustin added while nodding.

"We're going to take shifts to watch over Max through the night. Each shift will be an hour. Oh, also you'll need to listen to music as well" Nancy told the redhead.