The Bathroom Stall|Note Twenty-Six

Note Twenty-Six

To: Cora Roberts From: Mom
Cor, can you grab some milk and eggs on your way home?
Sent: 9/11 2:46 p.m.

"Well look who it is! Cora, my girl, come over here!" Sam's cracky voice made me look up from the depths of my locker as he walked briskly towards me, Tucker in tow.

"Hey Sam." I muttered in response, slipping my phone into my back pocket, and shutting the locker door.

"So, tutoring today? I think I need some brush up on my x's and y's."

Beside him, Tucker rolled his eyes, and I looked from one boy to another before awkwardly clearing my throat. "Sorry Sam, I gotta go to the store and then home. Another time maybe?"

"Aw Cora, we're practically strangers now! I know what can cultivate our friendship! How bout you and I go-"

"Not today Sam," I replied firmly.

"Come on! It's my birthday."

I looked to Tucker. He shook his head no and rolled his eyes, Sam catching him at the last second.

"Dude, come on." Sam whispered to him, and I raised an eyebrow, hearing Sam's not-so-hushed plea.

"So, Tucker, when do you want to get together for the AP Biology project?"

Tucker looked a bit uncomfortable as Sam glared at him and I smiled a bit, tucking his hands into his pockets. "I don't have work today or-"

I clapped my hands together. "Perfect! We can go to the store together, maybe pick up some supplies, and then we can start this afternoon!"

Although it was a shitty thing to do to Sam, who looked more angry than upset, I knew there was something going on with Sam and his friends, and I didn't really like the feeling I got.