17

Denver was busy punching the shit out of the punching bag. The sweat drops down his forehead when he managed to rip the punching bag just by the impact of his punches.

At the same time, the loud ringing of his phone grabs his attention. He cracks his blood dripping knuckles and move towards the table where his phone was kept.

His brows furrows after seeing Ivy's name on top of the screen.

"Hello?" The sound of her harsh breathing reaches his ears and his grip around his phone tightens.

"D-denver."

"Are you fine?" He asks in confusion.

"N-n-no...I-I am b-bleeding...." Her words and her cries drops his heartbeat.

"Hang on! I am coming." He picks his jacket from the table and hurriedly puts it on while running downstairs.

"Denver!" He didn't hear Eliza's voice calling his name. Confused Eliza rushed after him. But Denver was already driving out of the driveway in an insane speed.

Ivy gasps to breathe as her whole arm turns numb. She has to look at it with difficulty to see if it's even attached to her body. She looks up at the thunderous clouds in the sky with her teary vision.

The distinct sound of the car racing down in her direction gains her attention. The door is slammed open. Denver steps out.

"Ivy." His eyes widens upon seeing her state. He rushes towards her and immediately cradles her small body in his arms.

"D-denver." He wipes her tears away and lifts her fragile body in his arms.

"I am here." He tells her and lays her down in the backseat of his car. His heart is beating loudly in his chest and his hands are shaking furiously but he controls himself and starts the car.

Ivy gasps to breath and looks up in the rear view mirror.

"I-I am d-dying." She whimpers as black spots c overs her vision. Denver slams his foot on the breaks and looks back at her with a dead serious expression.

"You are not!"

He slides out and opens the door. He grabs her body again and scoops her up in his arms. Eliza who is standing near the front door, his eyes widens upon seeing this.

"I-I am s-scared." Denver stares at her face as his feet carried on their own towards the medic hall.

"I am here. Nothing bad is going to happen. I won't let it." A tear drops down his eye and his voice cracks a little as the doctors takes her away from his arms.

The door closes behind them and Denver swallows hard. He runs a hand through his hair and backs away. His back hits the wall behind him and he stares at his clothes that are ruined with her blood.

"What the hell happened?" Alessio's furious voice reaches his ear. Looking up, he finds him standing beside him. Denver just shakes his head a little and continue to look at his bruised knuckles.

Alessio sighs a little and places his hand over his shoulder.

"She would be fine. But whoever did this better start to fucking pray."

To say Lucifer and Valentino Santiago were furious, it was an understatement. But there was mostly worry and fear for Ivy's life.

"How could you have been so fucking careless, Eliza?!" Micah yells at Eliza who is quietly staring at the floor down below with a heavy guilt on his heart.

"If you were with Ivy, none of this would have happen." The aggression evident in Micah's voice makes Eliza flinch a little too. Eliza was assigned for Ivy's safety.

It was his duty to keep her safe and keep an eye out on any danger that buzzes over her but today feeling careless, he didn't even bother to check on her if she reached the orphanage safely. He thought that nothing could go wrong in one night but everything turned out to be worst.

"I got a hold on the security cameras." Valentino's words grabs Lucifer's attention.

"They know..." These words only makes Lucifer's fists clench in anger.

"What should we do next dad? Ivy is not safe anymore if she is away from us." The worry is evident in Alessio's tone.

'I will never forgive you. I don't want you ever come near my daughter.'----- The words of his wife Elena again rings in his head along with the whole bitter memories that keeps haunting him from these past years.

"If keeping her away is putting her in danger too, it's better that she stays here." Lucifer finally grips on himself and says this while putting a heavy rock on his heart. 

Hope you like this chapter. Get early access to the completed book on my Patreon page. Link's in the profile...❤️❣️