Chapter 1

Anita loved revenge. She loved it so much that she would read every book based on that but would jump immediately to the chapters with revenge not supporting angst at all. She didn't read the main characters' back stories but still felt their revenge knowing that they had a horrible past. She didn't have an easy life either but never decided to get revenge herself. She thought life was too short to take revenge and preferred to live happily but somewhere she regretted her choice. She believed in karma but she still loved seeing strong and powerful women literally destroy the demons from their past and would read again and again her favorite chapters with butterflies in her stomach. Her favorite revenge story was by far the story of Astéria. Astéria, the female lead, was a manipulative and calculating monster who didn't feel an ounce of empathy. She went through literal hell and even if Anita usually jumped the angsty chapters from the beginning, she read the book so many times that she read a bit of Astéria's horrible past. She immediately regretted it and decided to forget what she saw forever.

Astéria's story wasn't Anita's favorite book because she couldn't read angst but otherwise it was perfect in every way. Astéria didn't fall in love with anyone and focused on torturing people mentally and physically. Anita didn't have time for romance and by far preferred to see Astéria use the male lead and pretend to be such a nice and misunderstood little girl before murdering him cold heartedly to get the throne. After reading the book so many times, Anita jumped on the occasion when the manhwa came out and she posed seeing Astéria. She had her own image of the female lead but she never thought she was that gorgeous. She was very tall and had strong arms. She had curly black hair and a sharp face. Her green eyes were glowing out of her dark skin making her gaze mesmerizing. She was gorgeous. Anita had never been attracted to anyone in her entire life. She had had a lot of crushes on non existing people but she never had such a huge crush on a character ever. She saved a lot of drawings on her phone and stared at them for hours straight while imagining hundreds of situations where Astéria would fall in love with her. For Anita, all of this stopped here. She lived her life as always and only turned to the drawings when she had nothing to do. But what she didn't know was that she wasn't the only one with a crush.

Astéria grew up on the streets and when she wasn't dying of hunger or cold, she was being beaten to death. She didn't have a moment of peace or any ray of hope ahead. But one day as she was shivering outside she suddenly heard a shy voice. She jerked up and looked around but didn't see anyone and the voice immediately went away. She thought that was all but she didn't think she would hear the same voice again a few days later. The little voice was singing happily but once again Astéria looked around and the voice stopped. The voice had been the most soothing and beautiful thing Astéria ever heard. Even if she only heard it for a second, she couldn't forget about it. Astéria didn't think she would miss something so much and next time she heard the voice, she didn't move an inch not wanting to scare it away. Soon she got used to the voice and would look ahead to every time it would appear.

Astéria loved hearing that singing voice and clung to it in every moment of fear. It soon became her only moment of peace and she felt warmth as soon as she heard the familiar songs. Anita didn't know but everytime she sang, Astéria felt like she could live a day more. And when she didn't, Astéria felt more despair than ever before. She grew up with the little voice and after being abandoned as a child she soon got taken back in by the Duke of the north. She clung to her revenge and was very patient. She learned everything a noble lady needed and was ready to take everything. She didn't pretend to be all shy and innocent but she didn't need to because she was smart enough to win in any situation. It was way too easy to win against people when they thought you were an idiot and Astéria prefered a challenge even if there wasn't any. Therefore, despite her revenge going perfectly, Astéria was rather bored. Just like when everything was too easy and she didn't feel any satisfaction behind it. She hated everyone and didn't get any friends. The fact that everyone was terrified of her didn't help. And they were terrified by cause: her revenges were hundred percent worst than the wrongs she got.