27: I wish you were sober

(Chapter - 27)

"What are you doing here, in my bed? You scared the shit out of me!" Yera gawked at him, standing up from the floor. "I bought the bed with my money, so it's mine." Heeseung had a smug expression plastered on his face, causing Yera to sigh in defeat. "But I am not yours, so you can't sleep with me whenever you wish to." Yera snorted and folded her arms across her chest.

"Don't worry about that, I will make you mine soon, baby girl." Heeseung smirked as he crept towards the side of the bed, where she was standing.

"Are you drunk?" Yera moved closer to him, to smell him, but was instead pulled back in his embrace, causing her to fall on the bed beside him. "You are drunk, Lee Heeseung. Leave me!" Yera tried to push him away by punching him in the shoulders.

"Heeseung, leave her." Jake appeared by their side as he made Yera free from his grip. "Don't interfere in my matters, you bastard. I hate nosy people." Heeseung grunted, pulling back Yera. After that immediate moment, a sound of slap went through the room. Yes, it was Jaeyun who slapped Heeseung in the face. "Can't you see that you're drunk? Don't manhandle her and have control of your alcohol consumption." Jake snarled at him, pulling Yera into his embrace.

"Leave him, Jake. He's not in his right mind at the moment." Yera pleaded for some peace. The tension between the two brothers was just too serious for her to handle. The way they glared at each other was no joke. Heeseung continued glaring at him as he stood up from the bed, standing right in front of him. He had his fists clenched in anger. "Heeseung-"

Before Yera could even stop him, he landed a punch on Jake's jaw. "What are you doing, Heeseung?!" Yera glared at him as her lips quivered in fear as she inspected his facial expression. "Stop this." Yera mumbled while looking at him, tears welling up in her eyes as she observed how wasted he was. She knew he was wasting himself to get over the stress piling up in his life. She never expected the man to use alcohol as his cure.

Heeseung immediately backed off and left the room after noticing the tears in her eyes. "H-hey, Jake, are you alright?" Yera turned towards Jake with a panic-stricken expression. "Yes, I am okay. A painkiller would make it better." Jake stood up to grab the medicine but was halted in his tracks by Yera's delicate and thin fingertips on his wrist. "Sit here, I will bring it for you." Yera spoke as she blinked her tears away, gazing into his eyes with concern. Her grip was still evident on his wrist till she released it to fetch some painkillers.

"I wish you could hold me like this forever. If not in this life, perhaps in the next life." Jake sadly smiled as he noticed her figure disappearing from his vision.

»»---------------------►

As Yera walked out of the store room with the medicines, she caught a glimpse of a certain someone who was sprawled on the couch in the garden, shivering badly as he tried to turn sides to get a comfortable position. It was Heeseung.

"Are you out of your mind, huh?" Yera barged into the garden, dashing towards him. He had a pale face and was low on energy.

"I am sorry, Yera." Yera was taken aback when he suddenly hugged her and rested his head on her shoulder. "I love you, Jang Yera. Get that imprinted in your head. I don't care if you choose me over someone else, but remember that I will always stand by you." Heeseung mumbled in hushed tones in her ear. Yera was in a dilemma if she should believe his words or not. She was aware that alcohol speaks the truth, but this does not always occur.

"You have caught a fever. Let's take you to your room." Yera insisted as she pulled him up by his arms. "Hmm, not now." He groaned as he refused to stand up. "I want to sleep. Make me sleep or else I will kiss you on the lips." And there he was, his personality taking a whole 360 turn, causing Yera to gasp in shock. "I am not joking. Close your mouth, otherwise a fly will enter." Heeseung chuckled after seeing her bewildered look.

"No, I won't. Don't act stupid." Yera disagreed, shaking her head from side to side. "Okay, then I am going to get a kiss." Heeseung said as he neared his face to hers. Before the tension between them could increase, Yera let out a sigh and said, "Okay, I will make you sleep. Lay your head on my lap." Heeseung looked towards Yera with stars in his eyes as he obediently laid his head on her lap.

"Good night, Yera." Heeseung said in a calm tone, quickly closing his eyes shut as Yera patted his head in a peaceful rhythm. He loved the way she stroked his hair, and before he could think about anything else, he slipped into a good night's sleep.

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️