Chapter 21 - a friend

"Washi?" Gasps Mizuki as she runs towards the spirit and embraces him.

"You traitor, you never came visit me!" Exclaims Washi as he glares at Mizuki, his eyes glowing red. Most people would've been scared, but Mizuki was used to Washi changing his appearance to intimidate others.

"Sorry, I was too busy escaping the Fire Nation" Retorts Mizuki sarcastically.

"Still" Grunts Washi annoyed.

"Also, how are you able to enter the physical world? Only really powerful spirits can do that" Asks Mizuki confused.

"You don't think I'm dangerously powerful?!" Gasps Washi offended.

"Oh please, you always suck up to the other spirits, you're basically their personal messenger" Mocks Mizuki.

"You little-" Washi towers over Mizuki and grabs her face, forcing her to look at him.

"You still haven't answered my question" Sweatdrops Mizuki.

"Right. Remember the tree of time?" Washi lets go off Mizuki and bends the vines to create a place for them to sit.

"Of course I do. You've told me that its roots bind the spirit and physical worlds together. And on top of that, Vaatu is trapped inside of the tree" Replies Mizuki.

"That's true. And I am the tree's legendary guardian" Smirks Washi while Mizuki lets out a chuckle.

"Anyway, you probably already noticed that this swamp is just one big tree, its vines connect everything" States Washi.

"Are you saying that-" Mizuki gets cut off by Washi.

"The banyan-grove tree and tree of time are connected. Their each others' roots" Explains Washi.

"Woahh" Gushes Mizuki.

"Amazing, I know. This swamp is under my protection, this place is connected to me. Literally. I'm able to enter the physical world here, but it takes a lot of my energy. However, I can't exit this swamp"

"Well, that makes sense" Points out Mizuki.

"But I have to admit, it gets boring often~" Sighs Washi dramatically.

"Wait a second...you were the one who threw a tornado at me and my friends, and then kept on whispering in my ears!" Exclaims Mizuki.

"Don't forget taunting you with air blasts!" Grins Washi while Mizuki glares at him.

"Monkey feathers" Curses Mizuki angrily.

"We have so much catching up to do" Sighs Washi dramatically as Mizuki lets out a yawn.

"Yeah, we do. But I'm going to sleep right now, how about we catch up tomorrow?" Suggests Mizuki.

"Sure thing" Mumbles Washi as he squats down next to Mizuki, who's laying against a tree. He shields his wings around Mizuki to protect her from the cold wind before closing his eyes and falling asleep.

❀❀❀

It's morning, a loud scream is heard in the swamp. Mizuki wakes up and grabs her water pouch, ready to defend herself. However, there's no danger around her. Mizuki realizes that Washi's gone, and decides to go look for her friends.

'I can see you~' A gust of air passes by Katara, Aang and Sokka.

"AANG GO AVATAR STATE I- AAaaAH" Shouts Sokka terrified as he runs away from a humanoid figure. Mizuki sees her friends and runs up to them.

"Are you guys alright?" Asks Mizuki worriedly. She turns around to look at Washi, who's eyes are glowing red.

"Washi you really gotta stop scaring people" Scolds Mizuki as she glares at the spirit. She walks towards washi and slaps him in the face.