37

When the rest of our team finally regroups, we must have all reached the same conclusion I did.  The conclusion that we have to fight for what Natasha Romanoff died for. The conclusion that she died for us to win, and that she'd want us at peace.

If nothing else, it did kick our asses into high gear.

"Build-A-Bear, go grab the nano-polymer from the work bench for me." Tony calls out, tinkering with an old hand of an Iron Man suit to prepare it for the infinity stones. 

Rocket scrunches up his face, glaring up at the billionaire, "What the hell is a Build-A-Bear?" 

"Ignore him, Rocket," I call out, a humored smile dancing on my lips, "He's a toddler in an old man's body."

"Hey, watch it Goldilocks. This old man gave you that shiny new toy on your hip." Tony rebuts. I cast a meaningful look down at the whip that rests off the belt of my Viper suit and nod, acknowledging his point. 

"It is a pretty cool whip." DJ adds from beside me, adjusting the sleeves of the navy Avenger's suit we dug out of storage for her.

"Can we focus, people? Gosh, it's like herding cats" Cap calls, muttering the last part. 

"Woah, calm down there Cap! No need for bad words," Tony exclaims, turning to Steve.

"I oughta wash your mouth out with soap." I add on. 

As the team lightens up, laughing slightly, Steve just grumbles and does his best to hide his amused smile. Seeing everyone smile makes my heart lift, because I know Nat would want them to be laughing. 

We grow serious, working on the task at hand for a few hours before Tony finally exclaims to the group that the makeshift-gauntlet is ready for the infinity stones. We all gather together slowly, the rest of us who hadn't suited up yet doing so before gathering in the lab. As Tony uses one of his machines to grab the stones and begin arranging them on the gauntlet, each of us stiffens slightly, a tense air humming around us. 

We know this could be dangerous, considering their power. The armor and suits donned by each of us are just safety precautions to ensure no one gets hurt before we, hopefully, bring everyone back. As I look around to my friends, I notice that Nebula is missing. I don't think much of it, though, and focus instead on the gauntlet that now glows and vibrates with power as the last of the infinity stones snaps into place. A breath of pure relief passes my lips.

"We did it. We really did it" I whisper, still reeling from the fact that I'm looking at all six infinity stones, stones that hold the power to change the course of our fate. Everyone seems to watch restlessly with the same feeling, the room dead silent and packed with tension and awe.

"Boo!"

All of us collectively jump at Rocket's sudden exclamation. When we realize what happened, we all groan and begin griping at him at once. Rocket just snickers to himself, crossing his arms over his torso.

"Classic," He mutters to himself, opening the machine and carefully grabbing the gauntlet of our own making, "Alright, the glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their frickin' fingers?"

"I'll do it," Thor quickly answers, moving faster than I have seen him do all week and making a beeline for the stones, "I'll do it"

"Excuse me?" Tony asks, and before he can get an answer, Thor reaches for the glove.

"Woah woah, slow down there buddy" Clint says, helping Cap block him off.

"Hey Thor, just wait," Cap says gently, finally getting Thor to take a step back, "We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet"