Epilogue

ARIA

One year later

"That was so good," I groaned, rubbing my stomach as I leaned back into the seat. I was stuffed, completely full from the glorious five star meal Sandro and I devoured. His lips twitched into a smile, keeping his eyes focused on the road.

"I'm happy you enjoyed it, bellissima," he murmured, reaching over the centre console to rest his hand on my thigh. My black dressed had bunched up below my hips, and even after a year—his touch still warmed up my insides.

I kept my eyes on him, unable to pry my gaze away. He was handsome, dressed in a tailored black suit and white shirt. Sandro was picturesque in every way and yet again, my heart couldn't comprehend how he was mine.

Everything seemed surreal as we drove through the streets of Sicily.

After leaving the city, we travelled the world for a few months, eventually settling in Sandro's hometown. He had surprised me with a trip to Thailand—because he knew Thai was my favourite cuisine and he wanted me to try the food.

From there, we decided to continue our travels. I smiled whenever I thought about it, utterly amazed by the lengths he went for me and the memories he created for us.

I couldn't believe it, a year later and I was living in a breathtakingly beautiful home, designed by Sandro himself. He truly was a jack of all trades, creating a cosy and comfortable home for us.

He built a yard for Trigger, giving the little guy all the running space his heart desired. Our big baby. It didn't take long for me to love him with my entire being.

I had to admit—it was a bit overwhelming at times and at one point, I couldn't believe that I packed up my entire life to move across the world with Sandro. I would have my off days, but he was always there to comfort me and reassure me that if I changed my mind, he would take me back.

I would never.

He was happy. I was happy. There was nothing more I could ask for, especially seeing Sandro less tensed and completely stress free.

I turned my head, looking at the beautiful view.

"This is not the way home," I said, frowning in confusion.

"It's not," Sandro responded, shrugging casually. He didn't say anything else.

We drove in silence for a while until the car came to halt. I peered out the window, frowning in confusion before my face dropped into pure awe. We were parked on a hill, overlooking the calm and glistening sea. The best part was the beautiful red and orange sunset.

"Whoa," I gawked. It was one of the most majestic views I had ever seen, and I couldn't stop my lips from pulling up into a smile. Sandro parked and exited the car, rounding the hood to open my door for me. He offered me an outstretched palm, and I took it appreciatively.

Sandro was smiling—but I could tell that he was nervous.

"This is—' I cut myself off, unable to formulate how I felt. We walked over to the edge, hand in hand and my smile never faltered.

I looked over at Sandro, and the gentle hue of the sunset casted shadows on his perfect face. His green eyes were lighter, brighter and soft. Fuck. The glare of the sun highlighted his features—his lips, his jawline, the tiny scar through his eyebrow. Absolute perfection. I laid my palm on his cheek, unable to stop myself from turning his head so he could give me a kiss.

He smiled through it, laying his hand on my waist. "A pretty sunset for you, amore mio."

"Thank you for bringing me here. It's beautiful, Sandro," I murmured, returning my gaze to the view. I took a deep breath in, allowing the crispy air to fill my lungs. It was a little cold and smelled of fresh seawater.