𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖.

Rhegan Clarke

Rhegan Clarke

" You played a good game last night."

I entered the kitchen, seeing Kyler standing in front of his phone and Jora's voice in the background. I approached the island on soft footsteps, not wanting to interrupt their conversation.

" I wish you were here," he says.

Jora is quiet for a moment. " You know why I'm not there. We're starting right back at square one here."

Kyler throws his head back in frustration." I know that, Jora. I know why and I'm trying here. Can't you see that I'm fucking trying. I'm doing everything that I can to fix what happened."

I couldn't help feeling bad for both of them. It seemed like all odds were against them. They take two steps forward and then shit happens, sending them right back to the start line.

Jora didn't care though.

Jora wanted what she wanted.

And Jora always got what she wanted.

She didn't give up easily. If that was the case, she would've given Kyler to the clout chasing she-wolves a long time ago.

But she didn't.

" Kyler." By the state of Jora's sigh, I know that she's pulling at her roots. " I don't want to fight. We aren't in a space right now to add fighting to our issues."

" I- I'm not trying to fight with you," he runs his hands over his head. " I don't want to fight. I just want to make things work but I can't when you constantly hold them against me. We both have to put some effort into fixing this."

" You're right. I'm sorry," she whispers softly. " I'm just scared, okay. I see that you're trying and I appreciate your efforts. It's just hard."

Kyler hangs his head, muscles straining as he grips the kitchen counter. " I'm sorry, Cat."

This moment seemed to be getting a little too intimate for me to be eavesdropping on.

Taking a step back, I jumped when my back came in contact with a hard body." Ah!" I squealed, giving myself away.

" Didn't anybody ever tell you that it was rude to eavesdrop, ice?" Rolling my eyes, I pushed out of his hood as Kyler craned his neck, glaring at us.

" I didn't mean to eavesdrop. I was hungry." I shrugged and walked towards the fridge.

" Sue me."

" Rhegan! Move over Kyler. I want to speak to my sugar baby." Jora's attitude changed once she heard my voice.

Kyler muttered under his breath before moving aside. I stepped into the frame, smiling at my best friend. Jora squinted her eyes behind the frame of her glasses.

She must've been studying. That was the only time she would wear them.

Her gaze was scrutinizing until she gasped." You have the sex glow! Omg! You've been having, hot, sweaty; nasty, baby making sex haven't you? Dominic must be tearing that p-"