009

ⁱʳˡ !

ⁱʳˡ !

CHRIS'S POV

"yo matt, you want some toast?" i ask him.
"nah im good." he shakes his head.
"ill take some." nick raises his hand, but i glare at him.
"make some yourself." i roll my eyes. nick gasps then scoffs.
"thats homophobic." he points at me.
"shut the fuck up." i throw a pillow at him, as matt laughs. i head downstairs to make some toast but stop at the doorway, overhearing a conversation.
"maybe i do have a crush on him." i hear iris say. my eyes widen a little. are they talking about me?
"why dont you ask him out then?" olivia says. my eyes widen a little more.
"i will. when he comes over." my heart drops a little. what? no. why did my heart just drop? i hear footsteps and act as if i just walked in. i didnt mean to nudge iris on the way out, but im a little pissed. and i have no fucking idea why. i slam the door a little and go for a walk.

seems like the walk i took did nothing. it may have calmed me down, but i still have this weird feeling in my stomach, and i hate it. when i walk back in, i see iris and sam laughing. i glare at sam as they both look toward me and head into the kitchen to make some cereal.
"im not grumpy." i defend when i hear iris say i was.
"oh you speak? wow!" she exclaims. i roll my eyes.
"i thought you werent gonna talk to me until you were 'over me'" i say, and her eyes widen a little.
"oh shut up. i am over you. me and sam are on a date, actually. and you're disturbing it, so go to your room, child." she says. my face falls a little.
"you're on a date?" i ask sadly, i dont know why im sad.
"yes. now go." she shoos me off. i listen this time and take my bowl with me. well, fuck.
i walk back into nicks room.
"wheres your toast that you decided not to make me? up your ass?" nick asks, rolling his eyes.
"iris is on a date.." i say, ignoring him and sitting down. "a date. with sam. that weirdo." i say.
"yeah.... what about it?" nick states the obvious.
"she said shes over me." i tell him.
"okay? why should that matter, you never liked her in the first place." nick shrugs.
"yeah. obviously. but. why with him?" i ask.
"because... they're.. dating? i dont fucking know, are you okay?" nick asks, kind of concerned.
"perfectly fine." i say, then i hear the front door shut and my eyes widen. "be right back" i say quickly before running back downstairs. now i know i shouldnt be doing this, but im curious. i stare out the window in the living room and watch as he kisses her. my stomach twists as i feel myself heating up. when she walks back in, i look at her like shes crazy.
"the hell was that?" i ask.
"what do you mean?" she raises an eyebrow.
"why did he kiss you?" i ask again.
"because.. he can?" she questions.
"give me a real reason." i cross my arms. she scoffs.
"what is your problem?" she asks, a bit mad.
"him. hes my problem. i dont like him." i shake my head.
"okay? why would i listen to you?"
"because. i can already tell hes bad news." i shrug. "just stay away from him." i state, getting irritated.
"why!" she yells a little.
"because i dont want to see you get hurt, okay?!" i yell back. shes at a loss for words as she stares at me, her eyes softening. "i dont want to see you get hurt." i repeat in a lower tone as i move past her to go back upstairs.

"what the fuck was that?!" nick whisper yells.
"what do you mean?" i ask, confused.
"hello? we all just heard your outburst. thin walls." nick points out.
"i dont know why i said that, alright? now leave me alone." i say as i fall face forward onto his bed.
"well. did you mean it?" he asks, hesitantly.
"i dont know. kind of. maybe. fuck. yeah. i did." i say.
"oh my god you like her dont you?" nick gasps. my eyes widen.
"what? no. i dont. we're friends, nick." i deny, shrugging.
"you totally like her." nick says.
"nick i dont! i only think about her all the time, and if she would ever get hurt by someone i would fucking kill them but-" i cut myself off, thinking about what i just said. nicks eyes widen, as do mine. "no. no! no no. well, shit. yeah i guess i fucking like her." i try to deny the feelings, but its obvious now. nick gasps.
"you asshole. you led her on and now you actually like her. hah." nick starts laughing, but stops when i throw a pillow at him. he throws it off himself and starts talking again. "you have amazing timing. we're leaving tomorrow, and shes dating someone now." he shrugs.
"you think im gonna tell her? yeah, no chance. that'll just ruin her even more, and me even thinking about hurting her makes me want to run into ongoing traffic, but you know." i shrug.
"you're gonna have to tell her eventually." nick suggests. i shake my head.
"nah. even though i hate sam, shes happy. i dont want to ruin what she has with him. if shes moved on, shes moved on." i accept it.
"wow. respectful and wise, my friend. that was good." nick nods. i laugh before going on my phone.

little short chapter for chris's pov cuz y not
word count; 970